Spyderco General Chat Thread

Or there's always just a LOT of new threads constantly regenerating topics...

I don't always like to be that guy who starts several new threads daily just to think out loud some of my Spydie related ponderings...

Ha, I was actually going to say something pretty much the same. And then I didn't. But since you did, I'll agree.

On an unrelated note (or, given the purpose of the thread, is it related?), I can't get over how similar the Tuff and the Kukri are in overall design. Looks like Schempp just scaled up the Kukri to make the Tuff and added a fuller...

Also, you REALLY want someone to wave a Tuff, don't you, Speed? :p

Ha, I was actually going to say something pretty much the same. And then I didn't. But since you did, I'll agree.

On an unrelated note (or, given the purpose of the thread, is it related?), I can't get over how similar the Tuff and the Kukri are in overall design. Looks like Schempp just scaled up the Kukri to make the Tuff and added a fuller...

Also, you REALLY want someone to wave a Tuff, don't you, Speed? :p

Take a closer look at nearly all of Mr. Schempps designs with the negative blade angle.
Similar with Bowie, Barong, Persians... even a bit in Kris and Navaja, just less angle...
And Chad Los Banos Lava has similar shape and proportion but just in mini size package.

What's amazing about the Kuhkri (besides it's ergos) is just how slim and tiny it is when folded!! Smaller than a Delica.

Ahaha, and yeah, that's a Tuff one! :p
Man, I do want that knife, but may wait it out... the more I see about it, the more I'm convinced I'd like it even though it's way bigger than I'd carry and a bit hard to justify if I dont.
I may be preordering a Stretch 2 and Squarehead so that'll suck up more budget than I should be spending, lol.

Last edited:
I've got nothing really interesting to add about the Schempps line/designs, other than I'm not jumping up an down about them. I kind of like the Stretch, and the Tuff is interesting. But, I've got GB fever right now which is over shadowing everything else. Well, everything except another PM2 with some Casey Lynch aluminum scales.

But the GB will be my next Spydie for sure. Since that GB hard use thread I have really been salivating over it. :D

I've got GB fever right now which is over shadowing everything else. Well, everything except another PM2 with some Casey Lynch aluminum scales.

But the GB will be my next Spydie for sure. Since that GB hard use thread I have really been salivating over it. :D

I still smile every time I read this. I'm glad there's peeps still liking the GB! Lemme know how you like it when you finally get your hands on one!

Also, you REALLY want someone to wave a Tuff, don't you, Speed? [emoji14]
Are you referring to my pic? [emoji6] If not, this illustrates it and I noticed it as soon as I got the Kuhkri in the mail. That's why I got the Tuff out and snapped the pic.

Are you referring to my pic? [emoji6] If not, this illustrates it and I noticed it as soon as I got the Kuhkri in the mail. That's why I got the Tuff out and snapped the pic.

Yep exactly! The handle shape and deep choil really stood out.

I will let you all now when I get the GB. I'm going to be giddy about it for sure.

Actually, I'd love to see the Tuff in action. Heading over to YT to see if there is anything posted.

Yup, I saw it. I want it on everything I own, lol. I already love the hourglass, but in deep carry form, it looks awesome.

For a the gear junkies: The Mission 3 Battle Box Pro, from Battlbox.com comes with a Yellow Salt 1.

Hi folks, i'm sorry to bother but i guess this is the best place to ask this question, today morning i had my tenacious in my pocket then it catches on to my seatbelt somehow while i was exiting the vehicle and it went flying out, well now the pocket clips doest not touch the scale and it has fell out of my pocket several times today. I guess it got bent pretty bad. Am i suppose to bent it back or something?

-Kev

Did the same thing to my new Dragonfly yesterday. When I got home I took the clip off and bent it back with a pair of pliers. I've done this several times for my brother now, too. So yes, I would bend it back. :)

Make sure you have the proper driver to take the screws out. Might be Torx, could be metric Allen though.

Always a good practice to put the same exact screw back into the exact hole it came out of too.

Sweet!

Since I got my DB, I have been really interested in Terzuola folders. I also have been looking into the Starmate. It really reminds me of the Gayle Bradley. I was wondering if any of you have a Starmate, would you consider it in the same class as the GB?

Back