Spyderco giveaway challenge....

Gave my younger brother a Native 5 LW several months ago. Wanted to make it special, so I added a small sharpening choil and gave the blade grind a nice satin scratch finish. He seemed very happy with it. My older brother (fellow forum member and knife nut) also gave him a DF2 just weeks before that, so he made out well. He's got some pretty awesome older brothers. :cool:

I gave a ladybug se, a dfly se, a Sky Line Damascus with custom scales and a Lone Wolf Long Horn to the guy that works on our cars today. He's a good friend too.

I bought a Spyderco Lum sprint run Tanto folder from Lumberjake and as a token of apreciation i gave him a serrated Spydie,can't remember the model though.he was surprised and happy with that gift!

Gifted a rare Foliage Green G-10 Endura to my nephew as he graduated from High School.

Gifted an M4 Gayle Bradley to another nephew as he achieved his Eagle Scout status.
And to the Eagle Scout's brother I gave an Orange G-10 Manix2 when he achieved His Eagle Scout.

And my wife took all my Kopa's (3) does that count?

Gifted a forum Native in S90v to my stepson for banging out honor roll this year. I'll have to come up with something for getting his Eagle in September...

Well, today I gave away a delica 4. I'm learning to rope, and a few days ago while working the chutes for the professional ropers, I noticed a spyderco picket clip on one of them. I got pretty excited, because I've never seen another person with a spyderco in person, if that makes any sense. So I asked him what he had, and he pulled out a stainless delica with a partially serrated edge. It was one of those delicas they sometimes give as awards, it had some Rodeo on the blade. I asked how he liked it, and he said he loved it, but he wished it was plain edge. Now, I don't make a lot of money, and what I did was probably foolish, but it made me feel good. I went home, and I put my purple plain edge delica in the truck. Tonight I saw him again, and went and got it out of the truck. Handed it to him, and told him that I had one lying around. He asked how much he owed me, and I told him to do something nice for someone else later. I truly enjoyed the look on his face, and the attitude he had about it. He was truly appreciative. I don't know if he knows the value of a delica, or if he doesn't, but that doesn't really matter to me. I know the value of his appreciation, and the look on his face. More than that delica was worth to Me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back