• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Spyderco K2

Yimes

Platinum Member
Hello BF. I am selling my Spyderco K2 today.

It is used but very lightly. I can not see any scratches on the blade and just some usual snail trails on the titanium from being carried.

If you want additional pictures I can provide them.

The centering is great as is the action and lock up. No blade play either direction.

I am not the original owner as it was received from a fellow forum member.

I do not have a box for this one.

The price shipped insured by a priority mail is $185.

The fine print:

I only ship to the USA and I only accept PayPal G&S. Payment is expected within one hour of me providing my PayPal address to the buyer unless we have discussed other arrangements. I go to bed around 11:00 EST so if you claim it after then you might not get a response till I wake up and have my coffee.

Generally the first to say I take it will get it but I reserve the right to sell to someone else. This is generally reserved for instances of excessive or overall negative feedback.

After claiming please send me a PM or email to Yimes113 at gmail. (Not PayPal)

Thanks you for viewing my listing

AA867550-B16E-4B41-BECA-0482ABBC03EE.jpeg

Attachments

• 53CD5CF3-50C5-4A48-9D34-09492342EAD5.jpeg
    53CD5CF3-50C5-4A48-9D34-09492342EAD5.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 4EA6C3E0-944A-4143-86E1-3BD9F8701A11.jpeg
    4EA6C3E0-944A-4143-86E1-3BD9F8701A11.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 73
  • AFF3AC51-1313-4C6D-B91D-C4428E4E3EC1.jpeg
    AFF3AC51-1313-4C6D-B91D-C4428E4E3EC1.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 78
  • AECDAABA-D02E-4C8F-9C05-ECDE5C0B0226.jpeg
    AECDAABA-D02E-4C8F-9C05-ECDE5C0B0226.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 76
  • B48A326D-9A15-4517-BC22-1EBD08115A2A.jpeg
    B48A326D-9A15-4517-BC22-1EBD08115A2A.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 518652A1-2D05-4F01-BCDF-7CADA022754D.jpeg
    518652A1-2D05-4F01-BCDF-7CADA022754D.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 73
Hey man if your gonna make a statement like that, u gotta air it out in public. Please post your reasoning because this is a somewhat serious accusation.

Fair enough. I dont mean to be accusatory, as most people simply arent aware the K2 has a clone.

The major tells for this particular fake are as follows:
- the clip hardware being quite undersized
- the finish of the clip is a bit sharper on the edges than the genuine artical which had a more polished or blasted spring clip depending on the run, but generally a little softer looking on the corners. The shape is also slightly wrong
- The blade finish on the K2 is supposed to be a heavy belt satin, while the fake will have a heavy stonewash as we see here. A refinish sufficient to knock out the satin would have been very detrimental to the logos
- the overall handle finish is the inverse of the clip, where the K2 has very sharp edges, and the fake is a little more rounded over on the top edges of the handle

Edit: I will emphasize this one had the main hardware refinished, which could lead to the assumption that the blade was just refinished as well, but given the extremes of the finishes and the persistent logos it just doesnt add up. Somewhere or another I have reference photos of the fake as listed which is helpful. I'll look for those

Last edited:
Wow. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I am going to research this but in the meantime I am refunding payment for this knife. I would never intentionally sell a fake knife. I received this in a trade from another forum member and I would have never have known it may be a fake. It is super solid with all the right markings. If in fact it is a fake it is very well done.

I appreciate the heads up and I will do some research but at this point I don’t feel right about selling this knife with a cloud hanging over it.

Fair enough. I dont mean to be accusatory, as most people simply arent aware the K2 has a clone.

The major tells for this particular fake are as follows:
- the clip hardware being quite undersized
- the finish of the clip is a bit sharper on the edges than the genuine artical which had a more polished or blasted spring clip depending on the run, but generally a little softer looking on the corners. The shape is also slightly wrong
- The blade finish on the K2 is supposed to be a heavy belt satin, while the fake will have a heavy stonewash as we see here. A refinish sufficient to knock out the satin would have been very detrimental to the logos
- the overall handle finish is the inverse of the clip, where the K2 has very sharp edges, and the fake is a little more rounded over on the top edges of the handle

Edit: I will emphasize this one had the main hardware refinished, which could lead to the assumption that the blade was just refinished as well, but given the extremes of the finishes and the persistent logos it just doesnt add up. Somewhere or another I have reference photos of the fake as listed which is helpful. I'll look for those

Thanks for chiming in! We got everything worked out and Yimes Yimes was more than professional about it. Just for transparency, I was refunded and he DID NOT intend to sell me.

Glad this was all handled very professionally and the right way. It's nice to be apart of a community that handles deal like they should be. To the OP, mistakes happen, dont beat urself up too much over it. There are alot of high end clones of alot of knives. I've handled an $80 slysz Bowie clone that if they had the right markings would have fooled me completely.

Thank you sheepborg for pointing that out for us and nice job Yimes and TheJetFuel for handling the situation like gentlemen. As we all know the Clone makers are getting better at what it is they do but thanks to the diligence of members like sheepborg we can all learn a valuable lesson in spotting Fakes. It's little things like this that make me proud to be a member of the BF.

WOW!! I just want to say that this whole thread was handled with so much integrity.Hats off to both OP and buyer.Threads like this give you a renewed hope in not just BF but humanity as well.Thats my 2 cents anyways

All credit to Yimes, I didn't really do anything. He's the one who was upfront and both notified and refunded me as soon as this all came up.

I have only known Yimes for 4 weeks but what I have known has been nothing but what I would want to be on BF. If we could all be upto his standards BF would be so many levels about the compation. I love this forum and this community. And I strive to be a cut about the rest. Hats off to you Yimes,thejetfuel and sheepborg for showing BF how to do the right thing the right way. As a new member this is what makes my donation of memberships worth every penny. I love this community.

Cheers

Back