Spyderco Karahawk - Show and Tell

I want one of these...I was really excited for it, too, until I saw the almost $200 pricetag. Sure would be nice if someone besides 5.11 put out a nice folding karambit for $100 or less. Still can't believe Cold Steel hasn't jumped on that bandwagon.

I agree on 100.00 or less ,the spyderco is a nice looking blade,i have been checking out the quartermaster karambits,hear a few yes and no"s on them.i went to two gun/knife shows to try and get the feel of a karambit.all they had was 8.00 dragon handle karambits in your choice of colors.not one decent one in hundreds of tables of knives.need to look up 5.11.

I'm interested in this knife too. One might be being sent to me to be pimped so that would be nice to handle it and customize it. If I do get one in to pimp I'll post up some pics ;)

this knife should have reinforcements on the finger ring. even just little bars going across at intervals. Just my opinion .

Thanks for the video!

Looks a bit bigger in the hand than I had pictured it, not sure why. I thought it'd be a lot smaller than the combat karambit.

Thanks for posting. Nice to see it in hand. Looks more comfortable with a larger handle than I imagined. :thumbup:

Looks a bit bigger in the hand than I had pictured it, not sure why. I thought it'd be a lot smaller than the combat karambit.
- It's not a lot smaller than the Combat Karambit, but it is a lot thinner.

Combat Karambit (2012 version), Karahawk, Combat Karambit (2010 version)

Last edited:
Guys, Yes $200.00 is some jack for a knife. BUT it is actually cheap insurance. I have an Emerson Combat karambat AND a Fixed blade Emerson Karambit. Love them both. The fixed is my edc in the pocket carry, it is thin and fits in my jeans pocket real nice. Plus the kydex sheath will catch on the back of my pocket and allow the blade to come out.

We all know Spyderco blades are nice. And at 200 it is really a fair bargin for a QUALITY blade like this.

How much is YOUR life worth to you?

SkunkHunter at the Scrapyard.

I've also got a CS Steel Tiger. It is my "House" blade, or the one that I don't mind getting dinged up. For the Price it's a pretty good blade as well, although large.

How much is YOUR life worth to you?

Assuming I was gonna rely on a knife to save my life, I can't honestly say I'd feel any safer with a $200 knife than I would with say, an $80 Cold Steel Rajah 2 or Spartan, or even a $55 Cold Steel XL Voyager or Ti-lite...

It looks interesting to carry into those buildings that prohibit blades longer than 2.5", but otherwise I'd always go for a longer blade.

I have the original Spydie Karambit that I paid $60.00-$70 NIB. I thought this one would be nice as its brother, however the classic overprice of Spyderco strikes again.If my life is on the the line,I go with fixed,full tang only.Nothing that folds.That would be my Rich D. M-10.Shadow Tech makes a sweet fb Karambit.

Assuming I was gonna rely on a knife to save my life, I can't honestly say I'd feel any safer with a $200 knife than I would with say, an $80 Cold Steel Rajah 2 or Spartan, or even a $55 Cold Steel XL Voyager or Ti-lite...

Yeah. With $200, you can probably just get a gun instead.

A High Point should come in under that. In fact, IIRC, they were under $100 a few years ago.
Just sayin' it is better than a sharpened stick...

This thread is about knives, not guns, specifically the karahawk. All views are welcome but the karahawk and most blades discussed here are not "sharpened sticks." I am not an expert on self defense, assault, crime, homicide or CQC but I can say defensive options are based off variables and are different for each person in each scenario. I also know that if my gun was a High Point, I'd want a pretty good sharpened stick.

looks kinda stubby...pass.
btw, wrong name for an odd looking bird.
Hornbill-dandeli.jpg

Back