Spyderco Knives

Some times firearms go off before the brain is loaded! - I've hunted a couple years to replace my Spydie Copilot - because of it's functionality - but I accumulated a few others as well - like an Endura, Rookie, Standard, and a couple Delica's - just remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder! It's never ok to spit in another man's rice bowl!
Peace
Revvie

I think spyderco knives are really ugly and aren't all that great knives in general....now if I could just do something with the 6 or so I have, I'd be all set.

Seriously though, I don't think they are ugly at all. Admittedly they do have a common theme or blade shape. If you didn't like it, you'd probably be screwed, though there are a bunch of them that simply share the spyder hole and that is about it.

I prefer a FRN or G-10 handle, but most (non knife) people I know are very impressed with the Serrated Endura with a stainless steel handle.

In fact all people (outside the knife community) who have seen my knife collection, like the way the Delica and Endura look.

Personally I think most Spyderco knives look both practical and aesthetically pleasing.

My only gripe is with the Taiwanese models because the few I handled, just seemed cheap and unpolished to me. Go with the ones made in Seki City or Golden Colorado, Earth!

Really? Are you sure?

My only gripe is with the Taiwanese models because the few I handled, just seemed cheap and unpolished to me. Go with the ones made in Seki City or Golden Colorado, Earth!

Really? The fit and finish on my Sage 1 is superb, especially for the money. I wouldn't hesitate on snagging another Taiwanese made Spydie.

Really? Are you sure?

Yeah, I'm positive. Don't get me wrong, I love Spyderco, but I can tell a difference with the Taiwanese models. In fact, the Seki City one's continually impress me. The one's produced here almost equally impress me.

I'm interested in quality above all else and IMHO, Taiwan and China do not produce consistent quality, no matter who the manufacturer is. I'm also willing to pay more for it.

I'm all about supporting the US, and I do own several high quality blades made here (mainly Emerson's and ESEE), but Spyderco has a gold mine with the Seki City metalsmiths.

No offense to all of you who cherish your Taiwanese models.

Spydies without the hump?? Two of my favorites.

The Large Wayne Goddard
019.jpg

Spyderco native
Yq-91atKk9vNYSzu5nyxX37vEwHVXnd87AApOV5cYLXO-imjQpN5OMV21JJd51KcdDwTNaIfd8FHSSsCokl97hxQyl3eLYVdScK1H6-vqq5G82UT45h5HjRmzbjjaTeF4yr8ss7jZg

Really? The fit and finish on my Sage 1 is superb, especially for the money.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.I'm sure you're very happy with your Sage 1, but when you say it's "superb, especially for the money" it makes me pause for thought. We all have our own standards of what "quality" is. Personally, I have always had issues with Taiwanese made knives, regardless of the manufacturer. I also do not mind spending extra money for a high quality knife. I have purchased a few Taiwanese Spyderco's only to send them back because I didn't feel they were on par with what I expect. I have NEVER had that problem with any of the one's that came from Seki City or Golden.

I also think most of their folders are not good looking, but that's just me, but I do like Centofante III and Stretch, and I think they are really beautiful, lol:D

Meh, the only universal similarity is the hole. This is perhaps what people fixate on who claim all Spyderco knives look alike. I find them to be rather diverse, some more traditional and some less so. They may not all be elegant, but at least they aren't boring.

Either way, if you don't like them, no big deal, just get something else that you do like. :rolleyes:

Back