Spyderco Lube

Nic Ramirez

Gold Member
Hey boys, Happy Friday!

Curious what your favorite lubricants, rust inhibitors and pivot oils are. As you can see, I'm having a very active Friday night.

Last edited:
I use Remoil, I have it on hand for my firearms and it seems to do a good job on my knives.

Daiwa reel oil or Knife Pivot Lube on all my knives seems to work fine. Can't say that I really feel any difference between the two. I've tried a lot of dry lubes and they haven't done as well.

Lately, I've mostly been using Super Lube, though sometimes still use Slip2000 EWL or Hoppe's Elite Gun Oil.
Occasionally I find an application where grease works better, and for that I like Mobil 1 synthetic grease.
Have some Benchmade Blue Lube sitting around but don't use it much.
I'd say so far my favorite all around pivot oil is the Super Lube.

I do use a lot of Rem Oil for cleaning off tape residue, but rarely if ever use it as a lube.

Any firearm or fishing reel lub will work,,, I have tried most of them.

My current choice is Nano-Oil 10 wt.
Stays on the metal and does not seem to attract dust.

Regards,
FK

I'm currently using Nano-Oil as well. It works fine, but I'm not married to it. I've used other stuff that works just as well. BM's Blue Lube gets a lot of use around here, too. The Nano-Oil is just easier to place with that needle applicator and I never like to use much lube no matter what it is.

I'm currently using Nano-Oil as well. It works fine, but I'm not married to it. I've used other stuff that works just as well. BM's Blue Lube gets a lot of use around here, too. The Nano-Oil is just easier to place with that needle applicator and I never like to use much lube no matter what it is.
Daiwa reel oil has a needle as well. You can also buy empty bottles with needle tips. The one below is $3.

ZjIwr7ph.jpg

Pin-point-needle-oiler-2.jpg

Favorite rust inhibitor is Frog Lube. I hit the blade with a hair dryer and get it nice and hot. Apply frog lube all over blade, let it sit for 15-30 minutes and gently wipe away excess. Mineral oil is my quick inhibitor on the go.

Pivot lubricant I use 10W & 80W Nano oil.

I've found WD40 to be best for cutting through glue stuck on blade. Spray it down, let sit and rub off glue with rag.

I use BM blue lube on pivots but need to get a needle bottle like pictured above as it's hard to apply the small amount needed with the factory bottle. I coat my DLC M4 and 52100 blades with a light coat of mineral oil. I'd like to try KPL to see what the hype is about. Usually use Ballistol to clean blades.

Favorite rust inhibitor is Frog Lube. I hit the blade with a hair dryer and get it nice and hot. Apply frog lube all over blade, let it sit for 15-30 minutes and gently wipe away excess. Mineral oil is my quick inhibitor on the go.

Pivot lubricant I use 10W & 80W Nano oil.

I've found WD40 to be best for cutting through glue stuck on blade. Spray it down, let sit and rub off glue with rag.
I got some Frog lube for my AR’s and never got around to using it. Gonna have to try that on a knife and give it a test run. Thanks
I had been using "Super Glue"... (confused it with Super Lube)

now I have a bunch of 'fixed' blades...

jk
And that is Hilarious!!

Back