Spyderco Manix 2 saved my A$$!

Congratulations on your excellent reaction. I'm sorry to hear and see that you got banged up. However, I am happy to know that you and your significant other are alive and well. If the DA takes the knife, no biggie getting another is fairly easy and inexpensive.

Again, glad to know you and your wife made it through in 1 piece. :thumbup:

Congratulations on your excellent reaction. I'm sorry to hear and see that you got banged up. However, I am happy to know that you and your significant other are alive and well. If the DA takes the knife, no biggie getting another is fairly easy and inexpensive.

Again, glad to know you and your wife made it through in 1 piece. :thumbup:

Thanks so much and my wife says thank you as well.

I'm really impressed you were able to keep your wits about you after taking a tire iron to the noggin. Good job! I hope your wife wasn't too traumatized about the whole incident. Hell of a night for both of you. I wish you a speedy recovery, and that they catch the scumbag.

I'm really impressed you were able to keep your wits about you after taking a tire iron to the noggin. Good job! I hope your wife wasn't too traumatized about the whole incident. Hell of a night for both of you. I wish you a speedy recovery, and that they catch the scumbag.

yup i come from a long line of hard headed people LOL! i think when instinct and fight or flight kick in we are all capable of amazing things. my wife is in good spirits and with time and a little counseling all will be well. Thank you for the support.

What a crazy story! I am really glad you and your family are doing alright.

Be safe, sir.

Glad to hear that you're okay.

But I gotta say, you must have opened that Manix an awful lot of times to be able to get it deployed that quick. Here's to playing with your knives!!!

I just want to say that the manix didn't save your behind. The manix is just a tool; your quick thinking, ability to remain calm and the will to defend yourself is what saved your behind. It could have just as easily been a pencil you used as a tool to defend yourself.
Just remember that YOU saved yourself, not the tool.
I'm glad the two of you are safe.
Good job.

Thats awesome! I just got a Spyderco P'kal and Street Beat. I hope I dont have to use them like you.

I just want to say that the manix didn't save your behind. The manix is just a tool; your quick thinking, ability to remain calm and the will to defend yourself is what saved your behind. It could have just as easily been a pencil you used as a tool to defend yourself.
Just remember that YOU saved yourself, not the tool.
I'm glad the two of you are safe.
Good job.

That is very true i do own other knives such as emersons and kerhsaws and a few customs and a few pencils and i am sure i could have prevailed either way. The ergos of the manix plus that extra big deployment hole sure did give me an extra boost of confidence i needed to survive. However the ability to survive is in all of us. Thanks you for the support. I also have to give credit to all the knowledgeable folks of this forum for sharing their experiences and teaching me a thing or two.:) The guy has been listed on crime stopper most wanted list here in El Paso, Texas they have his picture up and i have sent messages to both family an friends to be on the lookout and stay away and call the police if they see the perp.

Excellent Job! Sorry that you were injured. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

That was fxxked up..
So glad that you had your Manix for your SD.
Always, Always be prepared.. you did.. and you saved your own life.
Stay sharp.. and stay alive...

Back