Spyderco Manix 2 saved my A$$!

I'm sure glad you two are both OK after such a crappy night.

It's a reminder as to why I always have a 1911 on my hip and a Fenix TK12 (200+ lumens) in my pocket. Maybe hitting him with a blinding light from 2 - 3 cars away might have scared him off before he could have flung the tire iron.

My wife never ask me why I carry a gun, after hearing so many of these types of stories ;)

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed this thread. :eek:

No doubt about it, you did the right thing. When you and your loved ones are at risk you don't F**K around. I'd say that scum bag POS is extremely lucky he got away with his life.

I'm glad your okay and their was no permanent damage.

Cheers for a speedy recovery.

KEEP'EM SHARP IS RIGHT!

Wow what a story,thank goodness it wasn't any worse.You mentioned there was blood on the knife. I hope this scum bag don't have any blood bourne diseases or viruses.

Have you had the knife sterized yet,I suggest bleach.

Wow what a story,thank goodness it wasn't any worse.You mentioned there was blood on the knife. I hope this scum bag don't have any blood bourne diseases or viruses.

Have you had the knife sterized yet,I suggest bleach.

yes sir that was the first thing that went through my mind when i finally made it home. my brother cleaned the knife with bleach and Lysol while i was resting.

wow, im glad that your okay, but this should be a lesson to you also that you should always carry a fire arm, especially in the wee hours of the morning.

Sorry to hear this had to happen, but glad to hear the bad guy got to taste some blade for his troubles.

But darn it! Now I'm thinking about getting a Manix 2! I just got my new Millie last week! Fortunately, the Manix 2 is very reasonably priced. How does it feel while carrying; does it feel heavy for its size at 5 ounces? Also, is the G-10 fairly nice to pocket material?
Jim

really sorry to hear you guys have been through so much and then to be faced with this dope head who may have also been going for not only your money but your meds..

I wished you would've had your G17 times like this make me wish I could carry my 26...

heal well, and stay alert.. always....

I will be touching up all my edc's after reading this..

Great that you guys are ok.

That Manix2 will never be sold, it is something that saved your A$$ and for me i would frame it :)

Actually, this thread is making me miss my Emerson Commander. I used to always slip it in my pocket when I took the dog out. There is something very comforting in that wave feature! I sold it and bought a knife that's legal for me to carry in this metro area, but I do regret it. Maybe I'll see about finding another waved knife. Hmmm

good job man!!! I'm glad to hear you are both ok. I hope you stabbed that POS in the nuts!!!

i just read thru the whole thread...all i can say is wow!!! i hope for a speedy recovery for you and the Mrs. as for the perp, i hope he gets a nasty infection and dies a slow painfull lonely death.

I sincerely hope this incident will give those people who believe a knife is only a tool pause for thought.

You didn't have your pistol on you but you had your knife. I suspect this is the case more often than not when it comes to those hasty little trips that one sometimes has to make in the middle of the night.

A knife will very often be there when a gun is not...

I also believe the Spyder hole is the most efficient opening mechanism, possibly bested only by the Emerson Wave.

Very glad you walked away from the whole deal with only minor injuries. Mark one up for the good guys! :thumbup:

Couple questions for you. Was the guy average build or no? My guess is that being a crack addict he was probably thin, yes? Was he wearing a coat or did the blade go right through a T-shirt? Wondering what the blade had to go through before it penetrated.

Back