~ Spyderco Manix ~ C95

I know this is discontinued - but do retailers still have stock of this item? How long ago did this knife get discontinued? I am interested in the full size, PE one...seems like eBay is the only choice - and most of theres are combo edge and prices are to the moon.

Yeah you just have to hunt for it. Sometimes they sell here on the exchange as well.

The Manix 2 will be coming out some time in the next few years.

Yeah you just have to hunt for it. Sometimes they sell here on the exchange as well.

The Manix 2 will be coming out some time in the next few years.

what is the Manix 2 supposed to look like and what steel is the blade to be made of..?

I hear rumors of a ball-lock system, and I would assume it's still CPM S30V - I say you look for the original though - I have one, black PE fullsize, and it was my first EDUCATED knife purchase...

DC

You should probably just bite the bullet and pay what it takes to go ahead and get the Manix now. By the time the Manix 2 comes out, the price will probably be up there, anyways. At least if you go ahead and get one now, you will have the joy of using it instead of waiting.

PE models are pretty rare here and on eBay, unfortunately. I put off getting one and had to settle for the CE, myself.

get one! you will love it. easy open/ close with one hand. the "clack" when she locks up! nice and big, a tank! leaf shape blade, not some funky kind. keep alert on the exchange and other evil auction site. no regrets!

You should probably just bite the bullet and pay what it takes to go ahead and get the Manix now. By the time the Manix 2 comes out, the price will probably be up there, anyways. At least if you go ahead and get one now, you will have the joy of using it instead of waiting.

PE models are pretty rare here and on eBay, unfortunately. I put off getting one and had to settle for the CE, myself.

Thanks for the advice - and yeah, so happens that is what I am looking for too - PE. Well...I have one offer from someone NIB (you know who you are :) I hope some more come in. If you have one PE and NIB...PM me an offer and hopefully we can work out a deal..

You might check out this thread. Following the last picture the seller says he has a NIB Manix PE also.

Good luck.

This picture of my Manixes has been known to cause people lusting for a Manix to curse me:eek:
14m4zsw.jpg

This picture of my Manixes has been known to cause people lusting for a Manix to curse me:eek:
Good ole Jill "salt on the wound" Jackson. :D :thumbup:

Unless the OP is completely adverse to CE blades, the Manix combi-edge is worth getting.

14m4zsw.jpg

Jill,

I've seen pictures of your knives all over these forums and all I can say is you have great taste in heavy duty tools. In fact, if I had your knives, I'd throw mine away.

Bill

UPDATE: NEWS of the Manix from SHOT Show '09 (link below) -

http://blog.knifecenter.com/shot-show-news/

1. Caged Ball lock
2. "Jimping" on handle's liner for improved grip
3. Sizes: small (in-between the sizes of the previous models) and "Oh my sweet lord" (even larger than the previous large!) :eek:

Last edited:
Back