Spyderco Mule Team 24 in MAXAMET Full test.

Never held one in hand and I have no idea why I just assumed it would be similar blade thickness as a para 2. And yea I know what assume means, lol.

At 67-68 HRC it's not going to roll. ;)

Yes, they are much thinner than the normal Spydercos.

I would recommend leaving it and use it as is 1st, then lower it to 15 DPS if you think it can take it for your use, they are thin out of the box at .015" behind the edge, Para 2's are normally .025" behind the edge out of the box. ;)

Everyone is different and that is what the Mule Team project is for.

I took mine to 15 dps as soon as I got it out of the box. I've been using it exclusively, every day for a couple of weeks now. Cardboard, rope, plastic, you name it, this thing just keeps on chugging. I'm really impressed with this Maxamet. Great job on the MT 24 Spyderco!

Berrry Interrrestink... (Artie Johnson, for you old enough to remember Laugh In).

I just ordered two Mules and Halpern handles for them.

Thanks for the hard work and for posting your results.

Last edited:
Jim, nice work. Sounds like a great steel. Hope Sal doesn't take too long in bringing out some folders with it.

Berrry Interrrestink... (Artie Johnson, for you old enough to remember Laugh In).

I just ordered two Mules and Halpern handles for them.

Thanks for the hard work and for posting your results.

But Schtupid!!!!! :D

I'm looking into these also, great review!

Liked the mule so much I got a pre-order in on the Manix. Seems like it holds the initial "scary" edge longer than my PM2 in S110v on cardboard.

Back