Spyderco Native 5

Hi UberDan,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

I'v been carrying a pilot piece since the SHOT show. Very nice knife. Very nice refinement of the mid-lock-back.

Should be out late summer.

sal

It wouldn't happen to be an orange version would it Sal?
Do you find notable differences between the S30V version and the S35VN?

It wouldn't happen to be an orange version would it Sal?
Do you find notable differences between the S30V version and the S35VN?
Sa metioned a lock, and I think it's been established that the orange one spotted at SHOT is a SlipIt.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twisted up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

Thanks Sal, I can't wait to see one! I got into Spyderco knives last year, my brother and I are hooked...great products, excellent price points. We're not collectors, our knives get used pretty hard, the Stretch II and Manix II definitely have exceeded expectations, keep the good stuff coming!

UberDan

Sa metioned a lock, and I think it's been established that the orange one spotted at SHOT is a SlipIt.

Paul
bar_02.gif

My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Kiwimania ---- Spydiewiki
Dead horses beaten, sacred cows tipped, chimeras hunted when time permits.
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and good fortune and fame are your lot, but the man worthwhile is the man who can smile with his shorts twisted up in a knot. - Morey Amsterdam

Thanks Deacon. :thumbup:

Hi UberDan,

I'v been carrying a pilot piece since the SHOT show. Very nice knife. Very nice refinement of the mid-lock-back.

sal

Perfect. May we have some versions that aren't black and maybe with some exotic steels?

Love the old native. Was my only knife for many years while I was in university. Only problem was the lock doesn't hold if you really squeeze down on it, looking forward to a new rendition.

I have a stainless Native (Native II?) in AUS-10. Great little knife, and everyone who sees it likes it. I'd love to see one in Ti.

I might be tempted to get the newer version.

~Chris

I have a stainless Native (Native II?) in AUS-10. Great little knife, and everyone who sees it likes it. I'd love to see one in Ti.

I might be tempted to get the newer version.

~Chris

It's supposed to be a fluted titanium version, Sal shows it in the SHOT show video with Nutnfancy.

Ugh. Late summer? I was hoping for something like Feb. 2. Oh well, I guess my new Sage 2 will have to hold me over!

Hey Sal , I was wondering since s35vn has thirty percent increase in toughness over s30. Would you be willing to push its rockwell to 61-62 .

Last edited:
Hi UberDan,

sal

Hi Sal -
We are all looking forward to this knife, but tell us, what refinements to the good old fashioned lock back does this knife have? :)

Back