Spyderco Neck Knife?

I was browsing the forums when i realized that Spyderco didnt have any king of small fixed blade. I think it would be cool for them to make something around the size of an izula or a bk-11. What do you think?

That would be very interesting. Wonder if they can incorporate the spydiehole to be functional in a small neck knife instead of just for show like in some of their fixed blade models. Maybe larger hole so you can choke up on it? I don't know. But would still be interesting.

Spyderco has made a couple small fixed blades in the past. Check out the Spot, Swick and Swick2, sadly they are discontinued, but the platform was really interesting, no handle material or sheath. Think of them as mini Mule style knives.

IMAG0303.jpg

Funny you guys bring this up...I had similar thoughts. However, instead of waiting for Spyderco I just went with a work around and ordered a custom kydex neck sheath from dericdesmonds here on the forums and carry my digicam millie in it.

When I think of a small fixed blade neck knife, with a spydie hole large enough for a finger to fit...I end up picturing the silent soldier and its variations by jason brous :p
makes me wonder what a collaboration could look like.

Indeed a collaboration with Jason Brous would be epic! :O That must be what I was thinking about when I posted earlier.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that it would be very cool to have a small fixed-blade (about the size of the Izula) made out of VG-10.

The more I think about it, the more I wish Spyderco would make this knife - a fixed-blade made of VG-10 with a 50/50 Choil with a blade around the same shape/size as the Sage's would be pretty awesome.

Edit: Just googled pics of the Spot and Swick - meh, I'd like something a little more traditional-looking with a straighter full-tang handle.

Here's a Swick 1

Swick_Old_2.jpg

and a Swick 2

Swick_2_and_Sheath.jpg

They should still pop up on the secondary market. It hasn't been too many years since they were released.

I was just thinking that it would be very cool to have a small fixed-blade (about the size of the Izula) made out of VG-10.

The more I think about it, the more I wish Spyderco would make this knife - a fixed-blade made of VG-10 with a 50/50 Choil with a blade around the same shape/size as the Sage's would be pretty awesome.

Edit: Just googled pics of the Spot and Swick - meh, I'd like something a little more traditional-looking with a straighter full-tang handle.

Nemesis Hellion is out there

Here's a Swick 1

Swick_Old_2.jpg

and a Swick 2

Swick_2_and_Sheath.jpg

They should still pop up on the secondary market. It hasn't been too many years since they were released.

That Swick 2 is freakin sweet. Me Want. Me Want Bad:thumbup:

We have a small fixed blade in-the-works. VG-10 - 2.75" 3 blade shapes - (sheepfoot HG serrated), leaf (FG) plain, clip point (FG) plain. FRN scales, skeletonized tang, FRN sheath.

sal

We have a small fixed blade in-the-works. VG-10 - 2.75" 3 blade shapes - (sheepfoot HG serrated), leaf (FG) plain, clip point (FG) plain. FRN scales, skeletonized tang, FRN sheath.

sal

ho! ho! ho! yeah!
xactly d kinda thing 2b excited 'bout.
even without seein' it,
i know i already want 1.

The Swick 2 makes me want it. I love knives with the finger hole for control.

I just ordered the Brous Silent Soldier and I'm sure to buy any Spyderco neck knife.

Back