Spyderco Paramilitary 2 sucks!

Very nice idea with the chamfering. I must confess, I started reading your thread, got halfway through and busted the dremel out. That is exactly what my Para 2 needed! I did a little around the pinky area and some more by the lock. What a great idea, I have modded so many of my knives, I honestly don't know why I didn't think to do this one. Thanks man!

No prob. And thanks for the tip about the lock area. I just took a little off around the lock area (not as extreme of an angle though), sanded them smooth and now they work much better. :thumbup:

picture131lh.jpg

picture130d.jpg

Nice Work! I think I was a little misled from the title though - :p. With respect to the title, I have to ask the question. Aside from the little quarky (but rightly warranted) slipups mentioned here, are there really any flaws with this knife? I am have been looking around just about everywhere and can't find a negative comment on them except maybe the lanyard hole a little too big and the shiny clip. I just picked one up a week ago and feel withdrawals when much time goes by without seeing and handling it :).

I honestly can't find any flaws with this knife at all. You don't need to mod the scales, it's just a personal preference of mine. If you're not familiar with compression locks, you may not like it. I love it. I like the large lanyard hole and the shiny clip on my non-black version serves a good purpose for non-service duty carry... it let's people know I'm carrying. I.e., I'm not trying to hide anything. :D

Been carrying mine since it came last week one day. It is kinda weird, it's one of those knives that just tends to end up with you all the time. I've had to resort to carrying my other recent favorite (Hawkbill II) in my left hand pocket. Really love that knife too. I also find I like tip down carry on the Para 2, I usually don't, but on this knife it just works. The compression lock becomes second nature after a few days, for me anyway.

way to pull it out at the end there man! i thought you were on yer way to being killed.
i like wat you did also, i'll be gettin one soon. good write-up

I also routinely pry and gouge with my knife - have had excellent luck with the ATR- but most Spydercos ( most folders in general) are clearly not designed for this kind of use/abuse. How rugged is the tip on the Para ?

I know this thread is whicked old, but sure wish the attachments (pics) were visible. I got a little worried when I read the title after searching for reviews, glad it was a joke.

I'll have to search up Paramilitary 2 mods to see what others have come up with.

Back