Recommendation? Spyderco Paysan vs CRK Inkosi

Large CRK Inkosi or Spyderco Paysan

• Total voters
Dammit, I was saving last bucks on Large Inkosi from Chris Reeve, and I just saw that they are finally going to sell Spyderco Paysan, for about the same price.

And I just dont know what to do. To this day, Im carrying Spyderco Tenacious, and I LOVE the Spyderco hole opening, same that would be on Paysan.But then the simplicity, sturdines and ability to age well and with dignity is nice too.

What would you choose, please share your insight, maybe I will find something that will help me. Thank you everyone.

123.jpg

No one but people who have gone to shows knows much about the spyderco. So... You have no idea how good it is or not. You may just want to wait for reviews and such.

I’m saving for a large Inkosi too.
I really want to check out a Paysan, but even if I wound up getting one, it wouldn’t extinguish my Inkosi lust.

CRK now, then keep an eye on the Paysan prices on closeout in a year or so, also secondary prices.
It's a nice knife but at that price:eek:I've noticed a few things that fans will complain about that might keep them on the shelves and hinder resale value.
Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

My prediction is that we’ll hear a lot of buzz around the Paysan for about six months. People will snap them up, get a lot of pics taken with them, carry them a lot for 3-5 weeks after purchase, then... they’ll kind of fade out of the limelight as people rush to the next hot thing. The Drunken, for example.

Meanwhile, the Inkosi and Sebenza will continue to be there. Part of this is the relentlessness of the CRK cult. Part of it, and a big part of why that cult is a thing, is simply that they’re timeless tools.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the Paysan will be a fine knife. There’s a lot to love there. It is also very distinctive and special. If you’re attracted to having something different, or are a fan of Rassenti’s design, it should be a great buy.

Its funny to me all the Inkosi votes with remarks of disinterest in the Paysan because I have the opposite view I haven't really thought of buying a CRK, except the Mnandi and Ti-Lock, because they do nothing for me and it probably doesn't help that I really hate thumbstuds as an opening mechanism.

For me personally between the two I would vote Paysan but I know that the CRK is a solid knife with a solid reputation.

For me at the ~$500 price tag I expect to be able to get replacement blades and do a bit of refurbishing.

But the Spyderco Rassenti's are beautiful

It comes down to opening mechanism if you ask me. I'd really compare the Inkosi Insingo to it. Which you really can't beat.

No matter which you get NOW, you will still want the other. So, get the Inkosi since can be had, and when the right moment comes down the road jump on a Paysan. Then carry and use both and one will rise to the top.

Now, if can only ever have one, I would prefer the Paysan. I have one preordered.

Last edited:
The Paysan will disappear like any other hyped integral, flipper, “high end” steel knife that gets released every so often.
The Inkosi will serve you for life, while remaining timeless.
Its design, warranty, practical features.. simply impossible to beat.

That comes from a Soyderco fan boy, btw.

Keep in mind, if the Paysan came at half the price, I’d buy one.

500 dollars for the Paysan!!?!

Reminds me of the Benchmade 761 that I got for a good price right after it came out.
Beautiful knife, excellent steel, molded titanium handles. Expensive.
I still have it but never carry it. Too nice for a work knife and a liitle big for a decorative edc.

The Paysan looks nice, but I don t need any more unused collectibles. Espescially for 500 dollars.

Oh yeah. The 761 was discontinued.

From Tenacious to Peasant it is a huge jump but your money your call. I would vote neither if there is that choice because I would choose a Rex-45 Military and a M4 PM 2 over either on any day of the week.

Back