1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Recommendation? Spyderco Paysan vs CRK Inkosi

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Honzis, Feb 22, 2019.

Large CRK Inkosi or Spyderco Paysan

1. Inkosi

65.7%
  2. Paysan

34.3%
  1. Honzis

Honzis

Jan 12, 2018
    Dammit, I was saving last bucks on Large Inkosi from Chris Reeve, and I just saw that they are finally going to sell Spyderco Paysan, for about the same price.

And I just dont know what to do. To this day, Im carrying Spyderco Tenacious, and I LOVE the Spyderco hole opening, same that would be on Paysan.But then the simplicity, sturdines and ability to age well and with dignity is nice too.

What would you choose, please share your insight, maybe I will find something that will help me. Thank you everyone.

[​IMG]

2. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I’d go with a Large Inkosi with micarta inlays.

steff27 and CitizenO'B like this.
  3. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    No one but people who have gone to shows knows much about the spyderco. So... You have no idea how good it is or not. You may just want to wait for reviews and such.

CitizenO'B and Yohanlegend like this.
  4. BD_01

BD_01

Jun 9, 2016
    I’m saving for a large Inkosi too.
    I really want to check out a Paysan, but even if I wound up getting one, it wouldn’t extinguish my Inkosi lust.

Pharmagator likes this.
  5. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    Get the Inkosi for your weekend carry and a Advocate for weekday carry.

6. Yohanlegend

Yohanlegend

Feb 28, 2018
    Second that idea.

7. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    CRK now, then keep an eye on the Paysan prices on closeout in a year or so, also secondary prices.
    It's a nice knife but at that price:eek:I've noticed a few things that fans will complain about that might keep them on the shelves and hinder resale value.
    Let someone else take the depreciation hit.

CitizenO'B, ROCK6, BBW and 1 other person like this.
  8. RBid

RBid

Apr 6, 2014
    My prediction is that we’ll hear a lot of buzz around the Paysan for about six months. People will snap them up, get a lot of pics taken with them, carry them a lot for 3-5 weeks after purchase, then... they’ll kind of fade out of the limelight as people rush to the next hot thing. The Drunken, for example.

Meanwhile, the Inkosi and Sebenza will continue to be there. Part of this is the relentlessness of the CRK cult. Part of it, and a big part of why that cult is a thing, is simply that they’re timeless tools.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the Paysan will be a fine knife. There’s a lot to love there. It is also very distinctive and special. If you’re attracted to having something different, or are a fan of Rassenti’s design, it should be a great buy.

9. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    CRK Inkosi

Then save a while and buy a Paysan used.

CitizenO'B likes this.
  10. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    I'm digging that paysan. But that inkosi though. Glad I could help.:cool:

Banter 247 likes this.
  11. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Inkosi. The Paysan doesn’t do anything for me.

12. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb

Jun 6, 2017
    Its funny to me all the Inkosi votes with remarks of disinterest in the Paysan because I have the opposite view I haven't really thought of buying a CRK, except the Mnandi and Ti-Lock, because they do nothing for me and it probably doesn't help that I really hate thumbstuds as an opening mechanism.

For me personally between the two I would vote Paysan but I know that the CRK is a solid knife with a solid reputation.

13. GermanyChris

GermanyChris

Feb 18, 2015
    For me at the ~$500 price tag I expect to be able to get replacement blades and do a bit of refurbishing.

But the Spyderco Rassenti's are beautiful

BD_01 likes this.
  14. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    It comes down to opening mechanism if you ask me. I'd really compare the Inkosi Insingo to it. Which you really can't beat.

15. Mrgauth

Mrgauth Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2016
    No matter which you get NOW, you will still want the other. So, get the Inkosi since can be had, and when the right moment comes down the road jump on a Paysan. Then carry and use both and one will rise to the top.

Now, if can only ever have one, I would prefer the Paysan. I have one preordered.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  16. b00n

b00n

Dec 15, 2016
    Paysan for me.

17. Razorsharp1986

Razorsharp1986

Feb 23, 2009
    The Paysan will disappear like any other hyped integral, flipper, “high end” steel knife that gets released every so often.
    The Inkosi will serve you for life, while remaining timeless.
    Its design, warranty, practical features.. simply impossible to beat.

That comes from a Soyderco fan boy, btw.

Keep in mind, if the Paysan came at half the price, I’d buy one.

CitizenO'B and whp like this.
  18. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    500 dollars for the Paysan!!?!

Reminds me of the Benchmade 761 that I got for a good price right after it came out.
    Beautiful knife, excellent steel, molded titanium handles. Expensive.
    I still have it but never carry it. Too nice for a work knife and a liitle big for a decorative edc.

The Paysan looks nice, but I don t need any more unused collectibles. Espescially for 500 dollars.

Oh yeah. The 761 was discontinued.

19. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    From Tenacious to Peasant it is a huge jump but your money your call. I would vote neither if there is that choice because I would choose a Rex-45 Military and a M4 PM 2 over either on any day of the week.

20. Daniel

Daniel Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1998
    There can only be one!

Chris Reeve Sebenza

Every knife aficionado is not complete in their collection until they have at least one Sebenza.

CitizenO'B and - SpyderMan - like this.