1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco Phoenix

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by philllll, Jul 3, 2013.

1. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    Just saw this auction on ebay close a couple minutes ago. First time I've seen this model. This one is a looker! :eek::eek::eek:

$T2eC16R,!)EE9s2ugOQTBRzjvJDF6!~~60_58.JPG HNANaXv.jpg RV3kjJw.jpg

Attached Files:

2. M.FREEZE

M.FREEZE

Dec 13, 2012
    One of my favorites, but often overlooked.

3. DRK

DRK

Oct 10, 2012
    It is a really cool model it was one of my first Spydercos. Sorry about all of the extra items in the photo it was for an EDC thread.

[​IMG]

4. Striderco

Striderco

Jun 17, 2010
    Yes one of my most prized Spydies!! Just beautiful!!

5. sogflash

sogflash

Aug 28, 2011
    I didn't know about this one. First I thought it was a fake and you were just being sarcastic. Maybe you are.

6. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    Nope. It is an actual spydie. A beautiful one at that.

7. RICKSTER

RICKSTER Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Spyderco Phoenix, Done In Red Jasper Bloodstone With File Work.

I had this one made up a while back, The work was done by Andrew Adams at AdamsKnifeWorks.Com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  8. KrisOK

KrisOK

Oct 17, 2012
    The Phoenix is one that I've been looking for for quite a while. I love the Howard Viele designed Spydies. I just haven't found one yet that wasn't priced crazy high. That red jasper scaled Phoenix is beautiful Rickster!

9. galactorrhea

galactorrhea

Jan 1, 2013
    Yeah, that customized Phoenix is a stunner, Rick.

The C114 is definitely on my radar. I see them pass through the exchange not too rarely; I'll probably bite eventually.

10. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    Thanks for sharing, Rickster. That is some beautiful work.

11. racer88

racer88

Nov 4, 2010
    Nice watch. I've got the same one. :D

12. DRK

DRK

Oct 10, 2012
    That's a coincidence you don't see to many people wearing them, Is yours TT white dial? I had a sub with the Blue dial before this one, which I loved but I like how clean the dial is on this model. Tried on the new blue YM tried a couple of months ago and it is very impressive, if I was a little (read lot) more flush I would buy one.

13. racer88

racer88

Nov 4, 2010
    Mine has the platinum dial and bezel... lemme see if I can dig up a photo.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the thread hijack! The Phoenix is an interesting model!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  14. Sithus1966

Sithus1966

Jan 24, 2008
    You have to be careful, there is a fake model out there. The giveaway is how the handles are attached. Usually found on Ebay of course.