Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Just picked mine up! Any new PM2 is a "must have" IMO and the S110V makes a nice addition to the collection.

4hcMtxEh.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
V0nqLjnh.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The color is only slightly translucent and it is definitely a very royal blue, almost purple.

Got one on the way.
I haven't had a Paramilitary in a while and, never had a Para 2, so the S110V version should be a nice change.

I'm loving this knife so far, I handled a few pm2 models at smkw which is what led me to wanting one. This one is much smoother than the ones I handled in the store, and allot sharper. This is one of the sharpest production knives I've ever received.

cool knife. The g10 has more grip than the standard PM2 I have. The detent wasn't nearly as good. Maybe I'll try one again once they are more readily available

Ok, just put an order with KnifeWorks, nice lady on the phone told me approximately 250-300 people in front of me!!!!!!

Spyderco, I love you, please make sure you send what you have to KnifeWorks asap! :D

Dang! That's quite a list! I don't feel so bad over paying by $10 for my pm2 in 110v of the exchange! It is quite literally nib. Agree that the g10 is more grippy than usual. Detent is strong but i would prefer or a bit stronger, dead centered, and SMOOOOOTH. this knife will free wheel with the best of them. Pop the lock and the blade just drops. Love it!

Ok, just put an order with KnifeWorks, nice lady on the phone told me approximately 250-300 people in front of me!!!!!!

Spyderco, I love you, please make sure you send what you have to KnifeWorks asap! :D
Geesh that's crazy, you'd be better off skipping the line and getting one off the exchange, unless the secondary market has dried up....there were several last week for around $160.

It's definitely a sweet blade thou, I love it...I don't have much experience with quality folders, but out of the ones I handled in the store this is the smoothest one. The s110v fine edge retention is amazing, blows my s30v knives away.

I forgot how much I like the Paramilitary. Such a good design.

I also forgot about the one thing I hate about it. The hideous shiny pocket clip.
I must replace this ASAP.

Anybody make a CF replacement for this? I found a few Ti deep riders for it, that might work.

I love the Spyderco wire clips. I wish there were wire clips for the Para....

This phallic, cheap looking, chrome shiny thing is really annoying me on this beautiful blue handle.....

I also forgot about the one thing I hate about it. The hideous shiny pocket clip.

Anybody make a CF replacement for this? I found a few Ti deep riders for it, that might work.

This phallic, cheap looking, chrome shiny thing is really annoying me on this beautiful blue handle.....

Go get it powder coated!!!

Heat darken it like RobME did.

--------------------------------------

So after 2 full weeks of cutting up just about any cardboard I came across with my S110V PM2 (along with anything else that needed cut), it has finally lost its hair-popping edge. It was still sharp, but it could barely shave arm hair. I am actually pretty impressed, as this edge lasted longer under that kind of usage than anything else I've ever tried (including M390 and CPM M4; granted I have not yet had the pleasure of trying Cru-Wear or CTS-204P). This included a bunch of empty boxes that had accumulated and needed to be cut down for recycling (around a dozen roughly printer-paper sized boxes).

I figured a quick strop would bring it right back, but to my surprise, the strop (with green compound) essentially did nothing. That's a first in my experience, and shows some pretty high wear resistance. A half a dozen swipes on each side using the fine Sharpmaker rods at 30 degrees brought it back, and we'll see how long that lasts.

So far, so good! :thumbup: :cool:

You need CBN or diamonds to get the most out of high vanadium carbide steels like these, anything else just won't do.

Heat darken it like RobME did.

--------------------------------------

So after 2 full weeks of cutting up just about any cardboard I came across with my S110V PM2 (along with anything else that needed cut), it has finally lost its hair-popping edge. It was still sharp, but it could barely shave arm hair. I am actually pretty impressed, as this edge lasted longer under that kind of usage than anything else I've ever tried (including M390 and CPM M4; granted I have not yet had the pleasure of trying Cru-Wear or CTS-204P). This included a bunch of empty boxes that had accumulated and needed to be cut down for recycling (around a dozen roughly printer-paper sized boxes).

I figured a quick strop would bring it right back, but to my surprise, the strop (with green compound) essentially did nothing. That's a first in my experience, and shows some pretty high wear resistance. A half a dozen swipes on each side using the fine Sharpmaker rods at 30 degrees brought it back, and we'll see how long that lasts.

So far, so good! [emoji106] :cool:
with mine if I hit the strop long before it's "dull" it does work for maintaining the fine edge. I've cut more cardboard than the avg user by far with mine and hitting the strop ever 2 days has kept it shaving sharp. This steel is more wear resistant than s30v and when my s30v knives will only strop back to shaving sharp once or twice.

You need CBN or diamonds to get the most out of high vanadium carbide steels like these, anything else just won't do.
How easy does s110v sharpen up on with powered equipment? I usually use the Ken onion wstk blade grinding attachment for maintaining and sharpening really dull or damaged knives. S30v does take a lil longer and a higher speed than say 1095cv but wasn't too bad. I was easily able to reprofile and set a micro bevel using the attachment on s30v, just wondering if it'll be noticeably longer with s110v. Don't wanna end up grinding it forever and risk over heating.

On my powered equipment steels like S90V and S110V are rather easy to do, but since i use diamond coated Rubber & Paper Wheels even ceramic knives are not too difficult to reprofile & sharpen.
Overheating is also not going to happen due to the use of wax or oil on the Wheel surfaces.

Back