Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Yeh I shoulda ordered two but I guess I was thinking that I had bought a Manix2 dark blue to help with the wait not expecting availability the next day. Hehe.
I don't have the PM2 Blue yet, only placed a successful order at bhq. So hopefully it's going to be real before too long.

Wow. I had no idea these were so hard to get ahold of. I just checked all the main sites and no Bueno.

Lesson learned.

I'm looking forward to all of the upcoming models with CPM-S110V and Blue/Purple G-10: Military, Native5 and Manix2.

Seriously, neither did I. My newb experience level made me believe that they would flood the market at some point soon. But I have no idea, especially since they are domestic product. Perhaps they just trickle out for a while.

Wow. I had no idea these were so hard to get ahold of. I just checked all the main sites and no Bueno.

Lesson learned.

I'm really glad I snagged one off the initial production run. They are really, really nice and I totally dig the blue/purple G-10! I do dislike the term "plurple". It sounds like a gastrointestinal issue :D

Very happy with mine, also. Though I am a bit apprehensive about what it will be like when I eventually need to resharpen it...

I got mine about 2 weeks ago, and I'm very pleased with it. No issues, none!
For me, it's a user. I thought about getting a backup, but since they're not a sprint run, there should be more available later on.

I have quick question..

Think these will come out with a dlc blade?
If not, does anyone have a idea/knowledge of how comparable the s110v is, to the dlc coated xhp-cts blade, of the orange handled sprint?

Like, edge retention, blade hardness, ease of sharpening?

Not just graphs. But real life experience..

Personally, I could do without either handle. Just looking at a blade swap, from s30v.. If it makes a big difference?

I have quick question..

Think these will come out with a dlc blade?
If not, does anyone have a idea/knowledge of how comparable the s110v is, to the dlc coated xhp-cts blade, of the orange handled sprint?

Like, edge retention, blade hardness, ease of sharpening?

Not just graphs. But real life experience..

Personally, I could do without either handle. Just looking at a blade swap, from s30v.. If it makes a big difference?

The edge retention of S110V will be much, much better than XHP or S30V. However, it won't be as "tough" (as in, it'll be more prone to chipping) or as easy to sharpen.
Honestly, toughness isn't really much of a concern for me on a folder. I want maximum slicing ability, so S110V is pretty awesome.

I'd have already sent my Blurple PM2 off to Big Chris or Josh at REK for a regrind, but I already have 2x Manix 2's in S110V and "the user" of the two is still going so strong, I've hardly even carried the PM2. One is .005 BTE (current user) and the other is .008 BTE (backup) and the user just eats cardboard all day, and can still shave off my finger grooves....

Good to hear S110V is performing well for you, Rasco. I already have the diamond rods, and also med and coarse DMT plates. Mostly I sharpen freehand on Shapton Pro "stones," and I'm not sure they can handle the S110V, but they probably will do ok with it. I'm not that experienced as a freehand sharpener, but I've had no problems with the CTS204P on my other Para 2.

Lesson learned.

They seem to be pushed out in large batches, but only a few batches have been going out every month. Look obsessively and you'll find one in the next few months.

They seem to be pushed out in large batches, but only a few batches have been going out every month. Look obsessively and you'll find one in the next few months.

Hopefully these batches start going from the PM2 to the S110V Millie real soon.

Hold on, I may have been high...

Yeah, I was a few letters off, but these are what I was referring to for the Edge Pro...
http://www.chefknivestogo.com/atoma1402.html

Pricey, but are supposed to be very high quality and almost mandatory for actually cutting S110V

So if I use the standard EPA stones will they just wear faster and take longer to get an edge on the blade?

I'll have to look into getting one or two of those. If they don't dish out I could use them along with the factory stones.

I don't have much experience with 110V but I don't mind spending some time to get a nice edge if it will last.

My new PM2 arrived yesterday. I will open it when I have enough time to enjoy it. It will be the first PM2 I have seen or held ever. I will post first impressions. I really like the Manix2 lightweight I got a few days ago. A few times I have forgotten it's in my pocket because it's so lightweight and I'm most accustomed to heavier carries. It's the kind of problem I don't mind.

Back