Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Hi
I opened the package and got a surprise, unfortunately not the good kind. I even said to my mom that the package felt light. Oh, by the way I'm not a kid at over 50.
I got an order that was supposed to go to someone in Anderson, South Carolina. And there was not a PM2 Blue to be seen. :(
Needless to say, quite a bummer. But now I'm very happy I didn't order two! :)
If you want to see the video of the unboxing it's uploading. It's the first one I have tried.
I'm going to take a look at linking policies before I leave a link. I'm still new here.
The Manix 2 saved me because I like it a lot and eventually I'll be able to appreciate the PM2 even more.

I didn't see anything about links. I'm not selling anything.
So if you want to see what came instead of the Paramilitary Blue I thought I was getting, have a look here (hint, it's Spydy):
[video=youtube;KieEkATPuQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KieEkATPuQI[/video]

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Chilegod. Normally I'd say you got the better end of the deal with the Positron, but this model PM2 is ridiculously rare for something in regular production. Even dealers are puckering up and holding onto them. And you know the Golden factory is busier than a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest, so I don't foresee a glut of them. Hopefully you can hold the seller to giving you the one you bought.

Just stropped mine after about 10 days of light use. Now it's as sharp or possibly sharper than new. I love the toothy yet incredibly sharp edge it came with from the factory. I'm hoping I will be able duplicate that when the time comes to sharpen it. Maybe a coarse DMT then straight to the strop.

Well, I got mine on Saturday and was really excited. I took it out of the box, looks great ... except the blade centering was way off, almost touching the scale.

Fortunately, GPKnives is treating me right, and I am going to get a refund and eventually another PM2. I am disappointed, but it won't keep me from getting another one because it's still an awesome knife.

I can't help but notice that while PM2 blade centering varies a bit, all of my Taichung Spydies are pretty much dead-center perfect.

I found a store that has a few in stock and decided to bite the bullet. I handled a PM2 once for a little while and loved the quality. I've been wanting another spyderco besides my zdp dragongly and this one is it!

I refuse to buy one.

I'm sure it is, like the original PM2, one of the best folding knives on the market. I don't want one. Why, you ask? It'll love it too much! It'll send me down a slippery slope, and I'll end up wanting all of the PM2s! I have to eat, you know! :D

152D78ED-4068-4C9F-A540-F9495DCBC2AA_zpsypaax45d.jpg

AA3EF9AC-2C00-4516-AB56-8BE86598CAB3_zpsxvnsdkra.jpg

Here's a steel update if anyone is interested. I have a manix in s110v and I tested it saltwater fishing daily in my kayak. The Blade is constantly saturated in salt water for 6-7 hours daily. Its a pretty harsh test and I have compared a lot of different steels. In corrosion resistance, it outperformed any "normal" stainless steel I have used to date. Previously, s90v had done about as well as anything (other than H1 and lc200n of course) but s110v performed notably better in corrosion resistance.

I hear ya Lance. My S110V Mule has been rode hard and put away wet more than a few times. It has been frozen in a block of ice in the bottom of my icefishing sled a few dozen times and then brought into the kitchen sink to thaw out. I have cut bait, cleaned fish and processed game with it many, many times and left it all bloodied up for days. I have used in the kitchen extensively and my wife has run it through the dishwasher a few times. :( It has sat dirty in my kitchen sink overnight many times as well. I have carried it on my belt for long wet backcountry hikes, camping trips and hunting and fishing trips. It has spent way too much of it's life wet and dirty and it's corrosion resistance is very impressive. I am so glad that I bought two of the MT18. It is a special knife for sure.

Hi I wanted to update those who are interested in how things turned out. I hope I'm worthy of such a precision instrument. I will need to learn the sharpening end better. Diamonds are forever.
[video=youtube;KL9yQCRR660I]http://youtu.be/watch?v=KL9yQCRR660[/video]

Last edited:
Yep. I added one to my cart and was surfing a little seeing what else they had that I've been looking for to save on shipping and when I went to check out it was gone.

Back