1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Armenate, Sep 12, 2015.

1. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    That pic is great. maybe rotate is 180 degrees but the color effect matches the scales very well.

2. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    Wow, that's the actual color?? If I were you I would go back and get some more shots when the light isn't so harsh. I think you can get a shot there that is worthy of the annual Spyderco Calendar competition. I had a winner last year and got to be in the calendar (July I think?) and got a free Sage 3 to boot. :eek: Anyway, I think with proper lighting you can get an excellent photo out of that setup. :)

3. Chilegod

Chilegod Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  4. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    The light would not cooperate. Intermittent clouds and sun. I just wanted to get that package opened.

5. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    Thanks good idea. For sure I gotta get sun and spray a little water and have another shoot. Is there a good place to post picks or is this ok? I mean I would only post like five or ten if I got another shoot before I start to use the knife. Looks like a bunch clouds for the rest of the day at least.

6. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    The color changes though. Now it looks like it has more red, so going into a purple almost. The light is a little warmer because it's reflecting off my desk.

7. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    Thank you for thinking this photo is worthy. Oh and congratulations on the calendar photo last year! I'd like to check it out. Not sure how, but maybe online is a good place to look.

8. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
  9. jaslvnv

jaslvnv

Aug 10, 2014
    Blade HQ 6 in stock!!

10. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    -1 :)

11. TDOG1

TDOG1

Jan 11, 2009
    Nice pic, congrats on finally getting your new Para 2. With Spyderco, once you've been bit, you just can't quit. :rolleyes: Lot's of great knives. Take care.

12. bearfacedkiller

bearfacedkiller

Jan 23, 2014
    Clean your blade off and wait for the proper lighting and you should be able to capture a pretty amazing photo. Just a heads up, we cannot get enough awesome photos of Spydies! Post away!!!!!

I personally love how you caught light along the whole length of the bevel. :thumbup:

13. TheOutdoorNerd

TheOutdoorNerd

Oct 30, 2015
    Bring a bucket of those rocks home. Or better yet, send them to me :)

[​IMG]

14. bmwmc

bmwmc

Jan 12, 2016
    I have carried a Leek for several years. Recently decided to upgrade and ordered a Ritter mini Grip. Excellent in most ways, but I cannot come to love the handle, about 1/2 inch too short for my hand. That is going to be the problem buying online without holding a knife. Was ready to go for the new G10 Benchmade 940. But of course reading multiple threads about one knife or the other, and the PM2 is highly thought of. Saw this post last night and made the impulse buy. Hoping I like it in person.

15. jascolli

jascolli Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2014
    You will

16. whateatsrabbits

whateatsrabbits

Nov 24, 2011
    I got it! Wow now I no why everyone loves this knife. Super smooth, rock solid, amazing blade and edge. Cant wait to put it to good use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    Many thanks. I have to admit I am bit! Peace

18. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
  19. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    Haha, I will clean it next time. And the light. You know you like your knife when you don't want to use it because you want the shot!

I had another almost ready to order but shipping and tax bumped it up $40 which makes a difference in my life.

I need a source! jk, I'll keep looking at BHQ. I still want a blue Military too.

20. Chilegod

Jan 20, 2016
    Haha, I know right? If only I had a well to drop a bucket into. Nope. Have to pick'm up 1 at a time. But there are other colors too. ;)