1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Armenate, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Chilegod

Chilegod Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Hi... A few more for your viewing pleasure. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    Got mine. Love it!

[​IMG]

3. Chilegod

Chilegod Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Cool shot. I ordered another.

4. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    Thanks! Pretty sweet knife.

5. texmex03

texmex03 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Thinking about getting the blurple I have the std black one but was holding out for the jade m4 version if it ever comes and if I can get it before it's gone.

6. bmwmc

bmwmc

Jan 12, 2016
    Received my first Spyderco today, PM2 S110V. Both these observations match mine. Knife feels really good in the hand. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about!

7. RobME

RobME

Apr 8, 2009
    My PM2's are perfectly centered. Literally, but I had to make them so... The PM2 IS an amazing knife when properly adjusted. The blade can be perfectly centered (as a matter of fact you need to have it this way), and then the pivot screws can both be entirely torqued down to the max, and the blade will still fall freely from an open or closed position when the compression lock is engaged. The stop pin screws should be firmly tight (not loose, not tight, you have to go by feel), after the pivot screws are set (when the blade is perfectly centered), with the back screws being the last to be tightly closed down when all else is done. I needed to figure it out to get the blades perfectly centered. The factory centering on mine was way off.

8. full flat grind

full flat grind

Jun 5, 2015
    The indigo G10 color is really growing on me :).

9. jascolli

jascolli

Nov 16, 2014
    I'm sad for mine. It has sat on its box pretty much since I got it. I just can't seem to like the indigo translucent color and the s110v makes me nervous as a rookie sharpener... I may wind up trading it away.

10. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    I couldn't get with the blurple either. So I fixed it :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you have a Sharpmaker? Trick with S110V is to keep it touched up, don't let it get dull.

11. jascolli

jascolli

Nov 16, 2014
    Thanks for the motivation pics! I think I will go that route and research new scales. Those CF scales are really nice! I do have a sharpmaker. I'll take your advice and keep it touched up regularly. Thx

Edit: I decided to carry it today and commit.

12. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
  13. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    Blade HQ has them right now as well... Bought one ;)

14. ps72

ps72 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2012
    . . . aaaand they're gone.

Pretty wild how quickly they get bought up.

Still up at GPK, though.

15. jascolli

jascolli

Nov 16, 2014
    I used my s110v Para 2 for the first time this past weekend. I cleaned the coils in my HVAC and had to cut and trim new foam insulation tape to fit around the perimeter of the access panels. I figured this would be a piece of cake for the s110v, but I wound up with several small chips in the microbevel.. I was able to get all but one out with the medium sharpmaker rods. This is my first experience with this steel. I guess I was expecting it to be a little tougher. I honestly wish I had my old tan s35vn version back, I never had any issues with that steel. Unfortunately it was in my car when my car was stolen in Atlanta last year :-(

16. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    It shipped!

17. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    I got mine in. It's nice. Opens very smoothly with little resistance. My girlfriend asked if it's blue or purple, nobody knows for sure ;)

18. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    And that's why "Blurple" has become the somewhat unfortunate nickname for it! :D

19. Thorien

Thorien

Feb 29, 2016
    I think it's a great name and suits it. Looking forward to getting mine one day.
    ps: Some great pics in this thread, thanks guys.

20. flowfaster

flowfaster

Nov 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016