Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Hi... A few more for your viewing pleasure. :)
pm2_sm2.png

pm2_sm2b.png

Thinking about getting the blurple I have the std black one but was holding out for the jade m4 version if it ever comes and if I can get it before it's gone.

Blade: The blade does not swing freely, its smooth enough though a little stiff to open/close. Hard to see in the (poor) pics but the blade centering is just very slightly off.
DSC00036_zpspcmtwfmx.jpg

Received my first Spyderco today, PM2 S110V. Both these observations match mine. Knife feels really good in the hand. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about!

My PM2's are perfectly centered. Literally, but I had to make them so... The PM2 IS an amazing knife when properly adjusted. The blade can be perfectly centered (as a matter of fact you need to have it this way), and then the pivot screws can both be entirely torqued down to the max, and the blade will still fall freely from an open or closed position when the compression lock is engaged. The stop pin screws should be firmly tight (not loose, not tight, you have to go by feel), after the pivot screws are set (when the blade is perfectly centered), with the back screws being the last to be tightly closed down when all else is done. I needed to figure it out to get the blades perfectly centered. The factory centering on mine was way off.

I'm sad for mine. It has sat on its box pretty much since I got it. I just can't seem to like the indigo translucent color and the s110v makes me nervous as a rookie sharpener... I may wind up trading it away.

I'm sad for mine. It has sat on its box pretty much since I got it. I just can't seem to like the indigo translucent color and the s110v makes me nervous as a rookie sharpener... I may wind up trading it away.

I couldn't get with the blurple either. So I fixed it :D

DSC00294_zpszqbh4ze3.jpg

DSC00295_zpsukltw44v.jpg

Do you have a Sharpmaker? Trick with S110V is to keep it touched up, don't let it get dull.

I couldn't get with the blurple either. So I fixed it :D

DSC00294_zpszqbh4ze3.jpg

DSC00295_zpsukltw44v.jpg

Do you have a Sharpmaker? Trick with S110V is to keep it touched up, don't let it get dull.
Thanks for the motivation pics! I think I will go that route and research new scales. Those CF scales are really nice! I do have a sharpmaker. I'll take your advice and keep it touched up regularly. Thx

Edit: I decided to carry it today and commit.

I used my s110v Para 2 for the first time this past weekend. I cleaned the coils in my HVAC and had to cut and trim new foam insulation tape to fit around the perimeter of the access panels. I figured this would be a piece of cake for the s110v, but I wound up with several small chips in the microbevel.. I was able to get all but one out with the medium sharpmaker rods. This is my first experience with this steel. I guess I was expecting it to be a little tougher. I honestly wish I had my old tan s35vn version back, I never had any issues with that steel. Unfortunately it was in my car when my car was stolen in Atlanta last year :-(

I got mine in. It's nice. Opens very smoothly with little resistance. My girlfriend asked if it's blue or purple, nobody knows for sure ;)

And that's why "Blurple" has become the somewhat unfortunate nickname for it! :D

I think it's a great name and suits it. Looking forward to getting mine one day.
ps: Some great pics in this thread, thanks guys.

Back