Spyderco PM2 in s110v

Can anyone please tell me if the G-10 on the "new" PM2 110s feels different than the regular black or digicam versions? Some have said that it does, others say that it does not. Please, someone who has both to compare, please set this straight. Thank you.

It's the same texture as all other PM2s

I'm in the U.S. right now visiting an old buddy and college roommate from my days at LSU. Found two of these for sale so it was pretty much a mandatory purchase. Geaux Tigers! ;)

I'm in the U.S. right now visiting an old buddy and college roommate from my days at LSU. Found two of these for sale so it was pretty much a mandatory purchase. Geaux Tigers! ;)

Gratz Lance! When you put it through it's paces, please let us know how it does. :)

Can anyone please tell me if the G-10 on the "new" PM2 110s feels different than the regular black or digicam versions? Some have said that it does, others say that it does not. Please, someone who has both to compare, please set this straight. Thank you.

With the different comments on the G-10, it seems that the answer will be a subjective answer with varying opinions. I have the camo, green cts 204p, brown s35vn, and now the blue s110v. Looking at them all under a lens, to me there seems to be a subtle difference in each knife with the brown having the most constant repeating texture while the blue having the harshest texture. Again...subjective. Lighting; viewing angle? So what, I don't care. The edge of the scale seemed to be a tad sharper than my others so I ran some sandpaper around the edge. I don't recall a sharper outta-da-box than this knife.
After all, it's a PM2...yeah!

Got mine today. Looking forward to testing out S110V. I've always been tempted to get the LW Manix II in this steel but I never warmed up to the Manix design. The F&F on the PM2 is on par with my Elmax model. It might just be me but each new sprint feels ever so slightly more refined. I think the color is pretty cool too.

I never liked the "feel" of the S110V Manix 2 LW, as it didn't seem sturdy enough. Of course, it is the LW.
Today, my PM2 in S110V came in...love this knife. 0.023" behind the edge; push-cuts two-mil Yellow Pages.
This is a great folder.

What a great looking knife. As soon as the exchange rate gets better I have got to have one.

21814444685_14830cd7b8_c.jpg

looks like everyone is out now, have to get on a pre order, thanks everyone!~

Well, no "In Stock" email from the "headquarters of blades".... Good thing I checked the site just now, cause I just placed my order! First paramilitary for this left hander, let's see if it stays in rotation.

Well, no "In Stock" email from the "headquarters of blades".... Good thing I checked the site just now, cause I just placed my order! First paramilitary for this left hander, let's see if it stays in rotation.

As a lefty myself, I don't think you will be disappointed at all. Great choice.

KW shipped my pre-order today (missed out on the first round), so it looks like, maybe, they just got a few more.

BladeHQ is a sponsor you can name em.

I figured they were. But since I pointed out the lack of email notification, I thought I'd leave the name vauge.

I am thrilled to put this knife to work. My top two carry knifes are left hand military, and Native 5 s110v. Military can seem oversized for daily work, and the Native is great to carry/hold/use but feel I need more blade at times. Only natural to fix both "gripes" with the para.

After reprofiling the edge on mine I did an edge retention run yesterday and it held up pretty well. Sharpened back up easily too.

I also did not receive a e mail notification from bladehq luckily I found it in stock for the same price some where else and is now on its way.

I also did not receive a e mail notification from bladehq luckily I found it in stock for the same price some where else and is now on its way.

I called someone yesterday to inquire how many people were on a waitlist for this knife at their place of business. It sounded like there were more people on the waitlist than they get in one or two shipments from Spyderco. So it may be that the dealer is in fact getting knives but there were just a lot of people on the waitlist ahead of you.

Just FYI, the last time I asked for an email from BHQ when an item was in stock the same thing happened to me. Turns out that it ended up in my junk folder and never made it to my inbox.

I have had e mails come through for other items I was on e mail list for. I am in no way bashing bladehq I order 90% of my blades from them and don't see this changing in the future.

Back