Spyderco Ronin

On Sunday, I turn 52 (an age I never really thought I would live to see growing up). A friend of mine dropped by the house today and gave me his Spyderco Ronin as a present (good friends are one of life's true blessings). He has shown it to me some time ago and I admired it (I have no use for it, but that has never stopped me from enjoying a knife).

20201002_181414-X2.jpg

many happy returns !
livelong friendships have its benefits :)
what an awesome vintage.
its a really nice solid present.
it being a great milestone sd fixedblade.
watch the neck though.
i call it the janich pendulum :)
on the account of how
it swings when worn on the neck.

Happy birthday. Raise a glass to good friends and good knives.

Always. I have much to be thankful for. My day will be busy with family. But there will be s time when me and my friends retire to the deck with a bottle of scotch and some good cigars.

I had visited my favorite gun shop way back when. They sold alot of knives - they had Benchmade and Spyderco on the shelves. There were 3 Ronin's sitting on the shelf. This was back when I was first getting interested in modern knives. I remember looking at those thinking "those are pretty dang cool looking!" Never did pull the trigger. Watched them mark them down to 50.00 each over the course of several years until they finally sold. Could kick myself for not buying at least one of them. Happy birthday - don't stick yourself!

Hi Buddy, what an awesome Janich/Snody Ronin. It was jst a few weeks ago that i watched Mr. Janichs "Evolution of the Wharncliffe" video, and what he explained about the Wharnciffe blade really made sense to me. (Usually, i am more familiar with longer Bowie knifes of 9 - 12 inch blade length).

So, todayi did a short video, cutting with the Spyderco Wharncliffe:

What a cutter !
Cheers, Erik

Back