Photos Spyderco Rubicon 2

i recently got my hands on a Rubicon 2. I liked the Rubicon but wasn’t the biggest fan of the handles. When I saw the 2 I always wanted one but never got around to getting one. This is an awesome blade. The ergonomics are great for me, it cuts really well, and it flips sooo nicely. The fit and finish are A+. I think this knife is very underrated. I did change one thing though, I really liked the orange backspacer but I was going to use the knife as a carry blade and the orange was just a little too loud for me, especially at work. So I dyed it black :D.

YAsAS89.jpg

mQSe3TY.jpg

I love how the chamfers on the inside of the liners terminate before the backspacer for a flush fit.
iBHuvce.jpg

xpISnGI.jpg

Lock up is perfect in my opinion. This is after a few days of a good amount of flipping, it’s moved just a hair but seems to be settling. Nicely broken in.
DV2WxCt.jpg

I like the small recurve in the blade. It cuts so aggressively paired with the thin hollow grind. I hand sharpen so the recurve doesn’t pose a problem for me :thumbsup:.
Smo13Qh.jpg

FD78r7f.jpg

I got a nice snap of the cross section of the blade. It’s beefy stock but like I said ground nice and thin. A smooth shoulder keeps it from hanging up too badly in stiffer materials.
ZGl5TG0.jpg

Overall a great blade and it seems bigger than its 3 inch blade length. I’ll post more pics here as I take them, I don’t see many posted.

Wow, that looks nice! Congrats!

I'm looking at getting an Amalgam soon myself... I think it's time to have a Spyderco flipper in my collection to compete against my ZTs and Kershaws!

Great pictures... you're making me seriously consider picking one of these up from a dealer while I still can. But it's hard to justify when I've already got a Domino I don't carry enough. :/

Back