Spyderco Rubicon Goodness

RamZar, I saw on the Spyderco forums that yours has arrived. What is the handle thickness?

Mine showed up today. I haven't had a chance to take any photos of it yet, though I'm sure I'll find time in the morning.

I pre-ordered as soon as I could, knowing full well that this was exactly the sort of knife I usually don't go for. It's fat and wide, built to be a sizable chunk in your pocket. I couldn't resist, though, because my first reaction to seeing shots of it online at that euro event was that it was the prettiest Spyderco knife I'd ever seen.

Having it in hand, I'm glad I pulled the trigger because while it takes up a ton of pocket space closed, it most definitely is the prettiest Spyderco knife I've ever seen.

I keep turning it over in my hands and staring at it--this is one seriously well done knife. The shiny CF, the orange ring, the pivot hardware--this thing is gorgeous. It looks and feels like some ludicrously expensive custom knife.

The November 2014 Spyderco Byte newsletter has a lot of coverage on the Rubicon and a Q&A with Peter Carey.

C187CF_L.jpg

I got it today.

I like it.

The CF is gorgeous. I like the shape of the handle.
The pocket clip isn't as bad looking as the pictures suggest. I hope someone offers a CF replacement clip for it someday though.
Action, lockup and overall F&F is very good for the price.
It came with a zippered pouch but no box, very strange not seeing the black and red container. Not complaining about that though!

Really a different Spyderco, which is nice.

I happened across the Kershaw Ruby site last night. Lo and behold, they were apologizing about the server problem they had during the initial offering and had 82 available for purchase.
I missed out the day they put them up for sale and figured I would not get one. I put in my order and it is on its way.:D

There aren't that many folders I'm interested in anymore, but these two were on my wish list and now I've got 'em.

I received mine today... compares very nicely with my Bodega and my Shirogorov - it feels like a true custom knife... nice and beautiful and flips like a dream!

Back