Spyderco Rubicon Goodness

Trade mark Spyderco hole afford additional opening options beside using flipper. IMO, having option is better than none.

Being ambidextrous, I like options and my favorite is with middle finger. For me, my middle finger has the best mechanical advantage.

The thumb hole is Spyderco's trademark. Even their fixed blades have a decorative mini thumbhole.

Agreed. However, you can make the Spyderco hole on a flipper be a decorative small size and that way the blade is more flush with the handle.

Agreed. However, you can make the Spyderco hole on a flipper be a decorative small size and that way the blade is more flush with the handle.

That's what I'm saying.

The hole won't always stop me from buying a folder, I bought a Valloton despite the ugly wart. I would buy more spidercos if they would tone down the hole on some models, especially if is a flipper.

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying.

The hole won't always stop me from buying a folder, I bought a Valloton despite the ugly wart. I would buy more spidercos if they would tone down the hole on some models, especially if is a flipper.

Agreed. If Valloton has a wart then the one on the Jot Singh Khalsa is positively a camel hump (no offense to Spyderco or camels). :)

We're getting so near that I think we'll be crossing the Rubicon soon. :)

Man, I hope so. This is the 2014 Spyderco that I have been most anxious to get my hands on. Can't wait.

Three of the nicest Spyderco folders in 2014 and all from Taichung come with a steep price tag but in each case once you dig into the detail, time and money involved and the spectacular results you come to respect the price:

• Chaparral Stepped Titanium
  • Slysz Bowie
  • Rubicon

Three of the nicest Spyderco folders in 2014 and all from Taichung come with a steep price tag but in each case once you dig into the detail, time and money involved and the spectacular results you come to respect the price:

• Chaparral Stepped Titanium
  • Slysz Bowie
  • Rubicon

Wife "stole" my Ti Chaparral for her collection. Not very nice. :(

You almost have to see the Chaparral up close and in-hand to get the full effect of that design. The workmanship is beautiful. I haven't seen the other 2 in person yet, but I expect nothing less in them.

Should be at some dealers late this week or early next week.

C187CF_L.jpg

Specifications:

• length overall 7.40" (188 mm)
  • blade length 3.04" (77 mm)
  • blade steel CPM S30V
  • length closed 4.36" (111 mm)
  • cutting edge 2.75" (70 mm)
  • weight 4.3 oz (122 g)
  • blade thickness 0.138" (3.5 mm)
  • handle material Carbon Fiber
  • locking mechanism Titanium Liner Lock
  • opening mechanism Flipper

Where is mine?!?
'
Oh well, I've been waiting two months for a Martin MCE2 so I guess I can wait a few more days for this one.

Wife "stole" my Ti Chaparral for her collection. Not very nice. :(

You almost have to see the Chaparral up close and in-hand to get the full effect of that design. The workmanship is beautiful. I haven't seen the other 2 in person yet, but I expect nothing less in them.

I suppose I lucked out, then--it was my wife that bought me my stepped Ti Chaparral, rather than thieving it from me for her own use ;)

I agree with you, it's amazing looking and incredibly well made (Taichung for the win once again) but there is one downside to the gorgeous handle pattern, I find it shreds pants a bit when you pull it from your pocket if you carry it clipped. Great knife though.

My Rubicon is supposed to hit my mailbox tomorrow, I've been looking forward to that one as well.

Back