Spyderco Salt 2 perfect choice for me??

Food service stainless doesn't react to a magnet. Counters/sinks and pots and pans
The color of the pins also looks like Ti. I might be wrong, but if I had to put my money on it ill go with Ti. Guess we’ll never know.

The color of the pins also looks like Ti. I might be wrong, but if I had to put my money on it ill go with Ti. Guess we’ll never know.
I'm not doubting it, certainly would justify the price more. That said, wonder why they wouldn't mention it in the ad copy?

Just checked my Pacific Salt 1, Tasman Salt, and Siren. Lock bars and hardware accessible without disassembly all stick with a magnet. So, it would seem that whatever they are doing on the Salt 2, it is in the least not magnetic.

I always have a serrated Salt 2 IWB appendix carry with a deep clip, for any serrated blade needs.

It won't rust, I use it in winter to cut open bags of salt for the driveway and summer to cut open bags of salt for the pool.

I wear it daily and don't notice it at all.

With a suit, with jeans, with board shorts, everything.

BEST steak knife.

Cut a lemon and don't worry about wiping it quickly.

Everyone should have one of these worn the same way. It's a no-brainer.

I always have a serrated Salt 2 IWB appendix carry with a deep clip, for any serrated blade needs.

It won't rust, I use it in winter to cut open bags of salt for the driveway and summer to cut open bags of salt for the pool.

BEST steak knife.

BEST steak knife.

I've done the same thing with my Pacific Salt for months at a time. Don't notice it at all until you need it.

Just some feedback regarding the S 2 as a dedicated EDC knife. Love it! I have never thought I would like a serrated knife as an EDC. I will admit it was a bit difficult at the beginning to get used to the serrations. The serrations work well for my daily needs and excels in certain cutting tasks compared to PE. The only down side to serrations in the kitchen is slicing raw meat. The edge retention on the serrations are amazing, but the small section of PE, not so great. I have only sharpened the serrations twice compared to the plain edge section's 5 times. It's amazing how easily H1 get scratched up. I actually like it because it shows character and it's mine now. I will EDC this knife till the day they bring out the Salt 2 PE in LC.

kLblxJ5.jpg

wO6wTYM.jpg

01YueZv.jpg

8W0FMCW.jpg

Just some feedback regarding the S 2 as a dedicated EDC knife. Love it! I have never thought I would like a serrated knife as an EDC. I will admit it was a bit difficult at the beginning to get used to the serrations. The serrations work well for my daily needs and excels in certain cutting tasks compared to PE. The only down side to serrations in the kitchen is slicing raw meat. The edge retention on the serrations are amazing, but the small section of PE, not so great. I have only sharpened the serrations twice compared to the plain edge section's 5 times. It's amazing how easily H1 get scratched up. I actually like it because it shows character and it's mine now. I will EDC this knife till the day they bring out the Salt 2 PE in LC.

kLblxJ5.jpg

wO6wTYM.jpg

01YueZv.jpg

8W0FMCW.jpg
Thanks for the update. And yeah, that little section of PE at the tip can be a pain. Nice to have, but you've got to touch it up regularly if you use it. H1 is quite soft where it isn't ground for sharpening so it will collect scratches easily. It would be cool to see an actual DLC version. I found the coating used on them in Seki to scratch super easy making it not really worth it to me.

That clip!

I've gifted my son 6 Spyderco knives over the last 3 years...

Are you interested in getting an additional (foster) son? Clean, hard worker and potty trained already!! :D:D

You could probably go VG10 as long as the water exposure isn’t salt or excessive...
True. This past weekend I have been using my old Endura 4 combo edge as beach knife, clipped in the waisband of my shorts, even whent snorkelling for a bit with it there. No signs of rusting at all. I rinse it once at the end of the day and done.

Mikel

Back