SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Inspired by Lance:
33768976732_99c55d5a55_b.jpg

Just bought an ark for saltwater fishing. I brought my swick last time and even though I rinsed it it still got tea stains. I love having a neck knife for fishing, so the are looks like a great fit. I'll post once I get some use time in.

Just bought an ark for saltwater fishing. I brought my swick last time and even though I rinsed it it still got tea stains. I love having a neck knife for fishing, so the are looks like a great fit. I'll post once I get some use time in.
Did you get the PE or SE? I used to own a PE version.

Cut bait. Cut braid and flouro. Sat in salt and fish guts all day. I Really dulled it bad. Lord did the paracord smell! A few hours in baking soda and some alcohol got rid of the stench. A few passes on some pocket stones made it sharp again. Next time it's going into service is memorial day weekend. The s30v swick gets the nod for fresh water fishing. I want a swick in lc200n. It's a keeper but I won't cut bait with it again. The bones full-out too fast. I have an lc200n mule on the way. That will get the nod for bait.

I need to try a different one. The hawkbill is great when you're landscaping. It isn't much help behind the bar, however. Haha.

34531069542_4fef619651_b.jpg

Back