1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Surfingringo, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Kels73

Kels73 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2012
  2. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Very nice!

Bought one over the exchange sometime back but knife never arrived, lost in transit.:(
    Thank goodness I also bought Atlantic Salt and it somewhat helps ease the pain.

3. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    What is the PS 2 supposed to come out?

4. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    We are just now discussing tooling.

sal

5. TomR2

TomR2

May 17, 2015
    "We are just now discussing tooling.

sal"

Sal, Can you describe planned changes to the PS2?

6. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Nothing has been decided, though we're considering the same overall pattern with the new texture. Some have complained about the handle pattern, but we sell quite a few Enduras's and the complaints of the handle have been very minimal. Open to thoughts as always.

sal

7. MyLegsAreOk

MyLegsAreOk Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Wow I will have to wait for the results then since I was in the market for the Talisman 2. With pacific being the crown jewel salt in H-1 getting an update I may have to sit tight on my purchase.

8. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    The 2 will get the latest Endura handle?

9. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pokerchip likes this.
  10. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Those look great. Which color did you use?

11. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks. They came out better than I expected. I believe it was dark green liquid Rit dye for a minute or 2.

12. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    Sounds easy enough. Thanks.

13. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Sorry I didn't mention it but there was a bit more. I brought it to a boil with a cup or so of water and a bit of salt and viniger. Still easy though.

14. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Argh, have a PE Pacific SALT and aimed for another H1 but now with the Caribbean, there are yet another design impervious to rust and which should work well for kayaking.

Very tempted by the SE sheepsfoot.

Choices....choices...

15. MyLegsAreOk

MyLegsAreOk Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Yeah I'm curious about the Caribbean. Spydero is doing really cool things with handles that I never saw before, but I wonder how LN200 stands up to H1. H1 is great but is crazy soft, I compare it to gold even. I bent the tip of my Tas2 but H1 is so soft I can put a new one on with very few strokes on diamond or boron. It also heals itself form a weak edge somehow comes back, so there's good and bad of it...is LN200 harder yet a big of a pain to keep up with as s110v?

16. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
  17. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
    I feel like LC200N sharpens similar to S30V, with SM ultra fine rods I spent a lot of time pushing a wire edge back and forth across the apex but it wasn’t difficult to sharpen.

18. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    I'm one of those who prefers the Endura 3/Pacific Salt handle to that of the Endura 4. Both knives have 3 "grooves" for finger placement. The Endura 4 has a wider front groove and a narrower middle groove than the Pacific Salt. With the Pacific salt, I usually hold the knife with forefinger in the forward groove, and two fingers in the middle groove. The problem I have with the Endura 4 is that it kind of forces to me to use two fingers in the forward groove. If I try to put only the forefinger in the forward groove then I can only put one finger in the smaller middle groove and two fingers towards the butt of the knife. This leaves me holding the knife too far back to comfortably perform most of my cutting tasks. I don't know, that's just one guys opinion. Everyone has different size hands and different ways of holding a knife so I might be in the minority but if I had my choice I would prefer the same handle shape on the revised Pacific Salt as the current model.

19. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Agree with Lance’s description. :thumbsup:

The old E3 handle is quite similar to Cara Cara handle, so I also hope to keep the same shape but add bidirectional pattern to it. Basically a rounded Cara Cara / E3 handle with E4 texture.

20. Incidentalist

Incidentalist

Jan 14, 2007
    When the updated Pacific 2s come out, is it also planned to have an updated Spyderhawk to go along with them? Please?!?!