SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Went fishing Sunday and tried to grab my Pacific Salt to take with me. But I couldn't find it anywhere. Last I remember I put it in my beach bag, but it wasn't there or anywhere else I could think of. I've been looking around for the past few days to no avail, so I'm chocking it up to lost for good. Now that puts me in a quandary of should I buy a replacement and if so, what. I'm thinking a Salt 2 this go around but uncertain between plain or serrated.

Lol, pardon me.

Her own.

In these times, we might switch to 'to each their own non-gender specific self.'

Lady gator medics - the glass ceiling has been smashed!! ;-)

Loathe the handle color and it's heavier than what I want for lightweight board shorts and fishing shorts. Wish the LC200N was available in the other Salts though

Hi Medic,

We do have plans for lite weight LC models in-the-works.

Salt 2 is a very nice easy carry. Gail and I are both using them this week (in a humid area). Gail is carrying the serrated version, I'm carrying the plain edge version, but I have to sharpen it more often. When I'm in the water, I carry a Pacific serrated.

sal

Loathe the handle color and it's heavier than what I want for lightweight board shorts and fishing shorts. Wish the LC200N was available in the other Salts though
The chef is a pretty nice board short knife. I carried mine IWB all summer and the flat thin scales and the wire handle really work well in that situation.

Hi Medic,

We do have plans for lite weight LC models in-the-works.

Salt 2 is a very nice easy carry. Gail and I are both using them this week (in a humid area). Gail is carrying the serrated version, I'm carrying the plain edge version, but I have to sharpen it more often. When I'm in the water, I carry a Pacific serrated.

sal

Sal,

Go on... :)

Any time frame?

Great news about the FRN handled LC knives coming, I KNOW a Manix 2LW in LC would sell at least one (to me!)...In the meantime, I've started using my FRN Native S110V as a pseudo Salt knife on the boat recently. S110V is very corrosion resistant (and I typically go out on a fresh water lake) and pairs nicely with my SE Pac Salt. New FRN Natives don't have any washers to rust.

I think we need to get Sal set up with a computer logged into this forum and a quart of tequila and let him have at it on the spoilers!

Hi John,

I'm usually logged in to the forums in which I participate. I don't drink Tequila" much these days (good sake preferred). But I must admit, I don't know of the "spoilers" you speak of?

Also, just puting an LC blade in a knife does not make it a "Salt". There are many other components involved.

sal

Hi John,

I'm usually logged in to the forums in which I participate. I don't drink Tequila" much these days (good sake preferred). But I must admit, I don't know of the "spoilers" you speak of?

Also, just puting an LC blade in a knife does not make it a "Salt". There are many other components involved.

sal

By "spoilers" I think he's referring to all the good things coming out of Spyderco that we don't know about yet. :)

Hi BMC,

Thanx for the explanation. Believe it or not, we re really restricted as to what we can say and more importantly when we can say it. We are in competition with many knife companies, some of whom do watch what we do and we're also at war with the Chinese counterfeiters that watch closely as well.

sal

Hi BMC,

Thanx for the explanation. Believe it or not, we re really restricted as to what we can say and more importantly when we can say it. We are in competition with many knife companies, some of whom do watch what we do and we're also at war with the Chinese counterfeiters that watch closely as well.

sal

That doesn't surprise me, Sal. Thanks for contributing and telling us what you can. :)

Bladehq hosted an adventure GAW. Checkout the winner:

upload_2017-12-11_16-24-40.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-11_16-23-59.png
    upload_2017-12-11_16-23-59.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 4
I really am looking forward to the new Native 5 Salt. It will not be too big but it should be plenty strong. A plus is that it will have a plain edged blade available.

Back