SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Had my dye job Salt out today for some fishing. First Striped Bass of the season. Short season here in New England but I think I beat last year by a couple of days. Should be good fishing until the end of October. About that dye job on my Salt, shakey. My other SE Salt is black and seems more appropriate here in conservative New England. What was I thinking? Those yellows and bright kayak colored knives belong with surfingringo in Costa Rica and other exotic places no. Think I will go back to dye shack and good darker on the green. Work in progress, loving my Salts and enjoying the pictures and postings of surfingringo and others.
IMG-3239.jpg

Had my dye job Salt out today for some fishing. First Striped Bass of the season. Short season here in New England but I think I beat last year by a couple of days. Should be good fishing until the end of October. About that dye job on my Salt, shakey. My other SE Salt is black and seems more appropriate here in conservative New England. What was I thinking? Those yellows and bright kayak colored knives belong with surfingringo in Costa Rica and other exotic places no. Think I will go back to dye shack and good darker on the green. Work in progress, loving my Salts and enjoying the pictures and postings of surfingringo and others.
IMG-3239.jpg

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of the yellow salts. I’ve always preferred the black handled pacific salt. I’m all for other high vis colors but i would prefer orange or other options

About that dye job on my Salt, shakey. My other SE Salt is black and seems more appropriate here in conservative New England. What was I thinking? Those yellows and bright kayak colored knives belong with surfingringo in Costa Rica and other exotic places no. Think I will go back to dye shack and good darker on the green. Work in progress, loving my Salts and enjoying the pictures and postings of surfingringo and others.

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of the yellow salts. I’ve always preferred the black handled pacific salt. I’m all for other high vis colors but i would prefer orange or other options

Orange would always be my choice as well.

Nooooo!!! I love the yellow handles! :eek:

I even prefer the older brighter yellow vs the new i.e. Native Salt.

:D:p

TQQSfyzl.jpg

I just bought a Native 5 Salt and one of the deciding factors was the yellow. Love it! Still trying to get used to FRN but since this is my 1st FRN knife, I figure that will take a little time.

I just bought a Native 5 Salt and one of the deciding factors was the yellow. Love it! Still trying to get used to FRN but since this is my 1st FRN knife, I figure that will take a little time.
Also my first frn knife. First impressions were feels cheap, but soon that impression passed and now find the pattern and light weight invaluable.

I wouldn’t want the yellow salts to go anywhere, I’d just like to have other high vis options...namely orange. I see to recall Eric talking last year about doing some Salts in a high visibility green...like some shade of toxic green.

Same same. I have nothing against the yellow, I just prefer orange. Toxic green would also be great.

Let's bump this back to the top! For all those Salt fans, I did a little review of the Waterway over in the reviews subforum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/spyderco-waterway.1734102/

Also, while not exactly a Salt line knife, I got an Autonomy 2 yesterday. Seems like a great knife and it uses LC200N. Love that steel! Look forward to putting this knife through its paces.

l8AnuT6h.jpg

The Autonomy 2 is a brilliant knife! Mine is a great cutter too! Relatively thin stock and ground thinner behind the edge than a lot of other Golden models. Winner!

Back