SPYDERCO SALT THREAD...fishing, ocean, stories, pics and all things "salt"

Hi Mister_Punchy,

Welcome to our forum.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

sal

Many thanks M. Glesser ! To think that I used to find spyderco ugly... Now most of my knives have a spydie hole :D

Totally agree with you Mickey. The salt has a simple yet effective construction and The handle feels so natural in the hand. Still, I find a little difficult to sharpen the very end of the bevel, and a sharpening choil would have been nice.

By the way, the dye job on your salt is amazing !

Thank you!

The handles really are fantastic. I have large hands and I can get comfortable four finger grip on the knife. It’s the perfect size, big enough to get a solid grip on yet small enough to be easy to carry.

I've been loving my Native 5 Salt LW since I got it in April
haRPTJm.jpg

Snap!

zQMe0KD.jpg

Nice! You got the Native 5 in LC! How you liking it?
Yeah I broke down, couldn't wait for spyderco to release the S2 in LC :cool:. I was never attracted to the Native design, but it's super comfortable and actually a damn gud lukin knife. Fits my hand way better than the delica handle. I had to tweak the pivot bushing to get rid of the blade play, but it's extremely solid now with drop shut and no play in any direction.

Yeah I broke down, couldn't wait for spyderco to release the S2 in LC :cool:. I was never attracted to the Native design, but it's super comfortable and actually a damn gud lukin knife. Fits my hand way better than the delica handle. I had to tweak the pivot bushing to get rid of the blade play, but it's extremely solid now with drop shut and no play in any direction.
Very nice to hear. It is on my list!

Took my girl out on the water today and we got into some small Yellowfin. She LOVES her Siren (She’s probably more biased than me, but whatever, haha) and has been itching to use it on the water. She fished hard all morning with the jig and finally got a bite so she got her wish!

C9A175A0-F59D-4F6B-9022-4EE8D3426A40.jpeg E1B32DE1-96E6-4789-B889-9852D603850A.jpeg F38DB9EC-8806-4901-A9E4-382D5AE2BC12.jpeg

I've only had H1 in Spyderedge. How is it in plain edge? I know it doesn't have near the edge retention as other modern steels.

I've only had H1 in Spyderedge. How is it in plain edge? I know it doesn't have near the edge retention as other modern steels.

I have a plain edge Pacific Salt and love it. I bought it a few years ago as the sole knife to bring on a trip to Belize with my family. It rode in my pocket, my waistband, or clipped to my buoyancy compensator while we explored jungles and caves, floated rivers, and dove in some of Belize's incredible ocean preserves. I used it for general daily tasks, and to date haven't needed to use my Wickededge on it.

I have a plain edge Pacific Salt and love it. I bought it a few years ago as the sole knife to bring on a trip to Belize with my family. It rode in my pocket, my waistband, or clipped to my buoyancy compensator while we explored jungles and caves, floated rivers, and dove in some of Belize's incredible ocean preserves. I used it for general daily tasks, and to date haven't needed to use my Wickededge on it.

That's great to hear. Just stropping?

It is about like AUS8. Not horrible but not great either.

That's not bad at all. I was expecting less. I actually have a Ka-Bar Dozier in my pocket right now and if it were larger I'd be super happy with it as a lightweight knife.

May need to invest in a Pacific Salt 2 in Plain Edge now. I like the Native but like a little bit larger of a knife.

Back