Spyderco Shaman discussion thread.

Who else is looking forward to the rumored Spyderco Shaman? From my limited research it will be a larger Native with a compression lock. What is not to like? Also from what I read it will have a 3.5" blade with contoured G10 scales and a standard clip, though I would love to see it have the wire clip. The Paramilitary 2 and the Native 5 are in my top ten favorite knives of all time (having owned upwards of 200) and I think a bigger Native with a compression lock would make a great melding of the two models.

Sal stated that it is in the production queue in Golden.

If anyone has any other information or want to discuss the model lets all do so here.

Hnnnnnnnnggg....that sounds absolutely glorious. Would buy as soon as it became available.

I had the fortunate opportunity to fondle the Shaman at the Spyderco factory seconds sale. I live local and am lucky to have been able to meet with Sal quite few times now and he always has something cool with him. That time it was the Para3/Militia which I had seen before and the Shaman which I had not. So here is my take on it. It is a Native that has been stretched out to the length of the Manix. Or, it looks like you took a Manix and gave it a grip shaped like a Native and ditched the little half thumb ramp. Either way, take that knife and make it with a comp lock and contoured G10. It felt really good in my hand in both grips. This one is ergonomically better for me than either the Manix2 or Native5.

I like everything about it from the sounds of it. But if it comes with a wire clip, no table in my house will be safe. They will all be flipped.

Seriously, though, it does sound like it'll be both a looker and a worker.

Good grief, what is the deal! Now instead of just the minuteman now I will have to get this shaman and the minuteman.
Thanks SAL for taking my money.

The native is what I have carried the most over about 20 yrs, PM2 last 4 yrs, along with an old endura SE. This is going to be good.

This would be a must have for me too. Thank you Sal and Eric for always keeping things fresh!

yeah, id be all over this too. Sounds perfect. I much prefer contoured handles to the flat g10 most get, and on a longer native sounds dreamy. Hopefully it will be s35vn as well?

I will buy one. It is what I have wanted since I first got into modern knives.

I like everything about it from the sounds of it. But if it comes with a wire clip, no table in my house will be safe. They will all be flipped.

Ha! So true!

This one may be a legend in the making.

It's been a mythical legend since like 2005 when Sal first brought up the Shaman/Chief :D hehe

I've been faithfully anticipating them since I got into Spydies. There's a concept photo that floated around years ago maybe someone can post it? It had a backlock though.

It's been a mythical legend since like 2005 when Sal first brought up the Shaman/Chief :D hehe

I've been faithfully anticipating them since I got into Spydies. There's a concept photo that floated around years ago maybe someone can post it? It had a backlock though.

Ha yep, but closer than ever to production!

I think the Chief proto is on display in the SFO.

I think Sal will spare your tables this time and give you a regular Spydie clip.

I think Sal will spare your tables this time and give you a regular Spydie clip.

:D :p :eek:

I do think the Shaman will be a benchmark among Spydies, regardless of clip. The Native is, I feel, one of Spyderco's more iconic knives, and to add the compression lock to it just further cements it in that "THIS. IS. SPYDERCOOOOO!" arena.

Back