Spyderco Siren Lock Issue

We're still studying the issues. I'm sure than anyone that wants to send their knife in is welcome to, but we do not yet have the problem sorted. We have a good reputation of taking care of our customers and this will be no exception.

sal

I buy Spyderco for performance first. The people behind the company second. :thumbsup:

Mine has the same issue. I almost feel like adding a stop pin (internally through the blade) would solve the lock bar being pushed back.

Holding the blade and disengaging the lock you can see the blade move back with the lock. This is due to the lock bar doubling as the blade stop. So either add a dedicated stop pin or maybe increase the spring tension on the lock bar.

Just checked my Siren thanks to this thread. Add it to the list of “disengagers”. Appears to be more than simply a random issue. Dammit, I really liked that knife.

Just noticed that my Native Chief sprint in S90V does the same thing. I was cutting some food and felt the blade and lockbar shift a little. I can confirm it happens without touching the lockbar, and I cannot replicate it with my Police 4.

Very curious to see what fix Spyderco comes up with for this issue.

Edit: I cleaned off the lockbar and blade tang surfaces and the issue seems to have gone away for me. Must have just been a thin sheen of oil causing the slipping, but I've never seen that with a lockback before, and that's normally an area that I'll apply some oil to.

Last edited:
I believe it happened on my Stretch IIRC. I no longer have the knife so I can't verify. My Siren does it though. Probably not a big deal in normal usage but knife guys dont usualy buy knives for normal use whether they are hard on them or not. I would guess a good portion of knife buyers want the toughest knives even if they aren't planning on using them hard. I would be guilty of that with some of my knives. I hope Spyderco comes up with a solution to this lockbar problem.

It’s very worrisome that there are reports of the poochie, siren, and now native chief having serious lock issues.

It’s very worrisome that there are reports of the poochie, siren, and now native chief having serious lock issues.
Colorado and Taichung have been a bit affected with Covid and with China wanting to invade Taiwan. They’ll make it right.

I'm going out on a limb here and suspect it has to do with Main and Lock-bar pivot sitting in G10, and not a lot of it either, as counter-sunk Pivot screws are used.

Anybody tested their Native Chief for this issue ?

I'm going out on a limb here and suspect it has to do with Main and Lock-bar pivot sitting in G10, and not a lot of it either, as counter-sunk Pivot screws are used.

Anybody tested their Native Chief for this issue ?
No slip on my REXChief.

Let's not get carried away about the Chief! The gentleman said he had oil on the lock face and revised his claim of problems on Native Chief. The other thread (Spyderco forums) they're pushing the Backlocks on the tip of the blade getting the slightest click/movement! All 3 of mine are solid (S30V, S90V, And Rex 45) and are working properly under NORMAL pressure!

Last edited:
Back