Spyderco Slysz Bowie Question

Is there a production count? Please be 10,000 so flippers can't resell for more than retail!

:D:thumbsup:

Looks like $400 dropping Wednesday 28 @10AM Central. Not confirmed...but Satin M390 blade not Mirror Stonewashed like original.

Good to see that finally a dealer took the step to commission Spyderco for a dealer exclusive SB:thumbsup: I hope this marks one of the many SB exclusives/sprint runs that are yet to come. With that being said, the knife never appeals to me at even the original retail price. So I'll leave others to compete for this one.

On a side notes, people who paid $600 or so for the original SB in the secondary market should feel a bit relieved as the blade finish is different (and the steel and handle color are different too).

Good to see that finally a dealer took the step to commission Spyderco for a dealer exclusive SB:thumbsup: I hope this marks one of the many SB exclusives/sprint runs that are yet to come. With that being said, the knife never appeals to me at even the original retail price. So I'll leave others to compete for this one.

On a side notes, people who paid $600 or so for the original SB in the secondary market should feel a bit relieved as the blade finish is different (and the steel and handle color are different too).
I don't think they'll be relieved.

Why not? At least they still have some reason to believe that their SB is still worth $600.
Well things are worth what someone will pay for it.

If this knife comes out at that much of a lower price and hints to future runs of more their investment will not give the return they thought it would.

I would expect it to be at $500 but folks seem to be saying $400 so the portfolio is taking a bigger hit.

Of course this opinion is mine alone but I know if I bought something technically used and then it was possible to buy it new for a lot less I would be crestfallen.

Looks like $400 dropping Wednesday 28 @10AM Central. Not confirmed...but Satin M390 blade not Mirror Stonewashed like original.

palesz.gif

The one partial picture looks like belt satin, but the revolving video one makes it look mirror stonewashed. For the price I would hope it's the original finish. For the price I would hope they transplanted the steel lockbar/over travel stop from the swayback.

That said... even if its satin m390 with no other changes I will try and buy one Wednesday morning. What do you bet there will be a non-exclusive one at all the dealers for the standard markdown a couple months later. If KJ sells out quickly it will be a sign to Spyderco it's worth doing normal runs.

Sharp looking satin blade (strongly prefer this look), M390 and blue handle... need one for sure. Price is premium, but it’s an epic Spyderco folder :)

For the price I would hope they transplanted the steel lockbar/over travel stop from the swayback.

I wish we knew if this was happening, as this is one of my lines in the sand at this price point. I can't find any info one way or the other.

So this knife will start to sell on Wed and today we still do not even see a picture of it am I correct? don't tell me that the knife has not been manufactured yet.

So this knife will start to sell on Wed and today we still do not even see a picture of it am I correct? don't tell me that the knife has not been manufactured yet.

Pictures are up on the dealers Instagram page

What do you bet there will be a non-exclusive one at all the dealers for the standard markdown a couple months later. If KJ sells out quickly it will be a sign to Spyderco it's worth doing normal runs.
I'm no industry insider but IMO it'd be rather senseless for Taichung to go through all the tooling spin-up just for ~1k units and to not follow up with a plain variant and/or other dealer exclusive color/blade steel combos in the pipeline [edit: unless they were selling for north of $500]. Who's to say how long true exclusivity would last but my bet is that any embargo would end in about a month or two. I personally will be waiting for a non-ano variant so I can save myself some work shedding that blue.

Or then again maybe I'd bite and just ano with some more voltage and get to a color I'd be happy with.

Back