Spyderco Small Nirvana – coming soon? Plus Slysz swayback

I really really have wanted the Slysz
swayback since I first lay eyes on the prototype.

As for a mini nirvana l haven’t exactly been impressed with Spyderco’s ability to make integral framelock Rassenti designs, but who knows, mayve the third time is the charm.....

I’m not holding my breath on that one though.

The Swayback is finally coming out!? I can’t believe this news skipped by me for this long. I’ve been waiting literal years to hear just that.

Penny saving mode activated, haha.

Hopefully at LEAST cts-xhp for the Swayback,if it has s30v it's not worth to buy it for me as i think for a lot of other people!so,come on Sal & Eric,let us know what steel!

Most, if not all of the Slysz designs are are in XHP. I’d assume Spyderco would follow the tradition and the Swayback would be released in XHP.

Most, if not all of the Slysz designs are are in XHP. I’d assume Spyderco would follow the tradition and the Swayback would be released in XHP.
Could be, although the SpydieChef has LC200N. I’d like to see more of that.

Although the word on the small Nirvana at the USN Gathering was that it’s coming soon, it didn’t make it to the new Spyderco Reveal. Maybe next time?

I doubt we will see these this year. Would be nice but gives us something to look forward to.

According to EDC Gear & Gun Reviews on YouTube, at the USN Gathering over the weekend, Spyderco was showing a new small Nirvana, based on the Rassenti, "coming soon." Does anyone have any details?

Another that Spyderco showed was the Slysz swayback, which has been rumored for quite a while. He didn't mention anything regarding its release date, so who knows.

I'd love to hear from someone who was able to see either of these at the show. Also mentioned was a smaller flipper version of the Subvert.
IIRC, both of those were customs from the maker, not Spyderco prototypes or production samples. In other words, I'm not sure if Spyderco has even made a decision as to whether to move forward with them - they were showing the customs to get customer feedback.

If they did move forward, it'd be a while. I highly doubt it would be 2020.

Edit: and I just saw I replied to a 6 month old post - sorry!

I think (maybe subconsciously wishfully) that the Swayback is locked down.

There's a huge shadow effect though from the COVID-19 virus though that's affecting everything. I would guess it was a Taichung knife and Taiwan is in the impact area for all the shipping delays and other effects. If they're waiting for materials to come in there are huge issues in the ports.

Back