Spyderco Smock Flipper For Pre-Order!

Any thoughts on the upcoming Spyderco Smock?

I am excited for the button release compression lock on this knife and the steel is great. You can't go wrong with that design either, very EDC-able IMO.

Who's in?

Smock himself on his IG said he thought it was going to be S30V but BHQ has it as S90V, so not sure... Another instance of his confusion is under a knifenews post with his knife and he states again that he doesn't know the steel they are producing it with. Hmmm..

I generally like more of a guard, but this blade looks too good to pass up. I for one prefer S30V over S90V, but either works for me.

That price for S90V seems too good to be true, not that I'm complaining if it is, but I suspect a typo. Even so, I'll happily get one in S30V at that price.

Blade HQ has it listed as both S90V and S30V, so I'm not sure which one it is. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures.

Not me,i have so much knives in S30V,i want this Smock to be as advertised S90V!Sal,maybe you can shed a light on this subject?

Just finished pre-ordering the Smock and the Amalgam and The S90 listed for the Smock is a typo, it is S30V.
+

after a short phone call with BHQ i definately don't buy a Smock,the steel is S30V and to me the S90V would be the "cherry on the cake"!after all there are so much new models coming in 2018 the Smock is of no interrest anymore to me.

Customer service emailed and apologized for the error. It’s confirmed S30V. The design is so sick though.. and ball bearings!?

Can't wait for this blade to drop! Have been super excited for this one since I first saw the video. S30V is fine by me!

I won’t be pre-ordering, but hopefully I’ll be able to get one in hand. A small shop in my area just began carrying a limited stock of Spyderco, mostly their anchor models. Hopefully they’ll sell well and the owner will venture deeper into the Spyderco catalogue.

Yeah, no pre-order here, but I'll almost assuredly pick one up. Just too cool for school on this one, love the flipper, the lock, the blade shape and the size is in the range I'm becoming more and more fond of. The steel is, realistically, more than adequate for my needs and the fidget factor just seems off the charts.

Back