Spyderco Smock Flipper For Pre-Order!

Did the pre-order thing last nite, it's a nice looking knife for the price.

Any idea of the blade or handle thickness? It would be nice if both are thinner than in the Smock SK23.

So I am totally smitten with the design of this knife in every aspect. Blade shape, handle shape, I love the compression (slightly modified) lock. My only concern is that as a lefty, it doesn't appear the pocket clip is reversible. I just can't decide if that's a deal breaker or not...

Spyderco new models haven't wow me until now . The revers tanto and a hollow-ground blade looks awesome . Looks to be slim hopefully they skeletonize the liners .

The second photo in which the blade is partly deployed shows a T and what looks like a partial A, so yes, this appears to be a Taichung-produced Spyderco.

I like everything except the clip. If they'd made it a standard 3 screw clip design is but it but as our is I think I'll pass.

Noooooooo! I also carry left-handed and the non-reversible pocket clip is a deal breaker and that makes me sad.

Yeah same here. Same reason I passed on the PPT sprint.

Just give me an option to carry on the left side and I can figure out the rest. No left side clip is a non stater to me. Makes me sad in those models but luckily there are many others.

I think I'm still going to get one regardless of not being able to move the clip. I am also hoping we've just seen prototype stills and the actual production version will have a reversible clip (I know, probably wishful thinking). But the fact it's a front flipper and not a traditional flipper makes me feel a bit better about still getting one. If it were a traditional flipper, the flipper tab would be pressing into the seam of my pocket guaranteeing it opening in my pocket. The front flipper design negates that, thankfully.

I think I'm still going to get one regardless of not being able to move the clip. I am also hoping we've just seen prototype stills and the actual production version will have a reversible clip (I know, probably wishful thinking). But the fact it's a front flipper and not a traditional flipper makes me feel a bit better about still getting one. If it were a traditional flipper, the flipper tab would be pressing into the seam of my pocket guaranteeing it opening in my pocket. The front flipper design negates that, thankfully.

If it ends up that the clip can't be reposition, I would imagine you could probably find someone on here to mod it for you. Just a thought.
I'm still foaming at the mouth waiting for this one. Fell in love with the custom version as soon as I saw it, but it's out of my price range. Luckily, Spyderco to the rescue!

Last edited:
I need to know when this is coming out so I can have money ready lol Will this be next after the Rhino?

It's not a front flipper. It has a nub-style flipper but in the traditional (rear) position.

At least that's how it is if it's anything like the custom, which I believe it is.

It's not a front flipper. It has a nub-style flipper but in the traditional (rear) position.

At least that's how it is if it's anything like the custom, which I believe it is.
That is indeed the way it looks in the pictures.

It looks like with a standard grip, the hand is pretty far back from the edge. And no choil, just a weird blade cut out. Not a fan.

When, when, when? :rolleyes:. Has a - release for sale - date been set in the near future or are we talking end of summer or later?

I'm also interested in the Brad Southard Hanan Flipper - though there are more things about it that give me pause compared to the SMOCK.

I hate buying these on line without a chance trying them out - same old story. :confused: The SMOCK looks worth the risk.

Ray

Back