Spyderco South Fork

I havnt seen any yet. I believe it is still awhile out before these hit the streets.once there is im signing up for two ,one for myself and one for my gf s work

It looks very nice.

A little small to use as a true chef's knife though and a little big to be a paring knife. More like a utility knife in the kitchen or what the Japanese call a "petty." My wife likes to use a knife around that size in the kitchen. I'm sure she would really like using a Southfork.

I generally use a ~10.5 inch (270 mm) gyuto (Japanese chef's knife) for most kitchen prep work, (except boning of course). Once you get used to (and develop the skill to handle) a longer blade in the kitchen, it's hard to go back to a shorter knife. My ~8.5 inch (210 mm) gyuto feels very short to me now. A long blade is so much more efficient and makes a better lever too. I'll usually even use it for dealing with stuff as small as a clove of garlic even though I have plenty of shorter knives.

South fork starting to make the woman understand......we had cheeseburgers, fries and salad for dinner tonight. I get salad to start and its dam near all tomatoes. I don't say anything.I get my burgers and its loaded with onion.I just bite in and look at her. She looks at me and says it just cuts so good,I meant to cut half an onion started slicing and it was all gone and the same thing happened with the tomatoes . I said don't worry baby I understand. She then told me shes bringing it to work tomorrow cause she's got to do alot of chicken prep.yeah she's starting to understand. Btw 5 dinners and it still slices newspaper in half

Last edited:
South fork starting to make the woman understand......we had cheeseburgers, fries and salad for dinner tonight. I get salad to start and its dam near all tomatoes. I don't say anything.I get my burgers and its loaded with onion.I just bite in and look at her. She looks at me and says it just cuts so good,I meant to cut half an onion started slicing and it was all gone and the same thing happened with the tomatoes . I said don't worry baby I understand. She then told me shes bringing it to work tomorrow cause she's got to do alot of chicken prep.yeah she's starting to understand. Btw 5 dinners and it still slices newspaper in half

I think you are starting to understand. :D

Nice. :)
If the production version does half as well, I'll be happy.

284049_134054976685631_100002433890009_209181_474741_n.jpg

That's a keeper. Great pix. :thumbup:

Sound you can say goodbye to your custom south fork ;)

Sound you can say goodbye to your custom south fork ;)
I bought it for her. I havnt used it to cut anything besides paper every once in awhile to check sharpness.it is really sharp and cuts like a laser. Mr. Wilson did grind it thin after I told him it was for kitchen use. For me I would want a bit thicker for an edc fixed though for what i use knives for. So even down the road when I get her that shun that won kitchen knife of the year at the last blade I don't see myself carrying it. If I had time to hunt I would though I would. I think a good butcher with this knife could take the hide off a deer faster then a humming bird could flap its wings

I assumed you would buy the spyderco version for her, but now I see I was completely wrong.
You bought her the custom and are planning to buy her the spyderco for work :thumbup:

Its a nice sheath,one downside though is I couldn't fiit the screws through for the extra molle locks i had.not a big deal as it just sits in the kitchen.
313214_149537455137383_100002433890009_259043_1470161593_n.jpg

Its a nice sheath,one downside though is I couldn't fiit the screws through for the extra molle locks i had.not a big deal as it just sits in the kitchen.
313214_149537455137383_100002433890009_259043_1470161593_n.jpg

Yep, that sheath looks good.

Can't you drill some extra holes in it for the molle locks?

On the side were there is holes already I could ,not the other side. I use molles a lot and am confident one screw tiightened good with a washer would do just fine and I would use two molles. For what I do at work I do need a blade to be a bit thicker so ill just leave the sheath alone(I've been loving on my nyala at work,thick enough to stab through thick plastic 15 gallon pots for tie down holes , and the high hollow grind keeps it a good enough slicer for cutting 2ply hemp twine all day) . She's been loving the south fork though real slicing machine and boy can I get that blade sharp.
Using this nyala makes me want a lionspy more, been loving high hollows more then ffg and the elmax is tough enough I can do stabbing and dead branch cleanup with no worries,

I do like a thumb ramp on a kydex sheath. Can be done with a fold-over design, but often results in a less precise fit that way.

On a different note, I have 3 older Spyderco fixed blades without the spyderhole and would really prefer that they went back to making their fixed blades that way. But, I know its not going to happen, so I should just shut up.

Back