Photos Spyderco Tenacious (Real or Counterfeit?)

I got it off eBay. Unfortunate because it feels really good. Guess I'm refunding it.

Is there such a thing as a knock off Tenacious? Made in Mumbai??

Avoid ebay and Amazon and buy from only authorized dealers ... Ebay and Amazon have the most chances of getting fakes and it happens alot. Especially with spyderco. Spyderco has taken them to court but they wouldn't fix the problems.

A counterfeit Tenacious? That's sad, why would anyone make a fake Tenacious? It's a budget knife.
Maybe they did it because of the popularity? And already coming from China anyway, so not too suspicious?

Was it shipped from China?
I would have immediately known not to purchase had it been from China, I won't buy outside of the states. It was supposedly from somewhere on the West Coast, I forget which state, but it shipped to me from a completely different address in South Carolina.

Some of them use a fwding address in the states and some stock the fakes in the USA. Pretty shady and bad for buyers indeed. They sell fakes because they make alot of money off them. They cost China 10$ give or take to make. The rest is profit

Some of them use a fwding address in the states and some stock the fakes in the USA. Pretty shady and bad for buyers indeed. They sell fakes because they make alot of money off them. They cost China 10$ give or take to make. The rest is profit

Yeah, I should have realized they (counterfeiters) would have become more sophisticated since I last bought a knife off eBay without being 100% sure. It doesn’t matter if it’s a $40 knife or a $200 one, it’s the same profit they make (given a $30 sale price.) Out of curiosity, what did you first notice as “off” about this knife?

Last edited:
Yeah, I should have realized they (counterfeiters) would have become more sophisticated since I last bought a knife off eBay without being 100% sure. It doesn’t matter if it’s a $40 knife or a $200 one, it’s the same profit they make. Out of curiosity, what did you first notice as “off” about this knife?
I'm interested in hearing this also. I couldn't feel anything off about the knife, but I've never held a Tenacious before and have minimal experience with knife materials. The weight and scales felt real, and the action was smooth, as well as the blade being razor sharp, so I needed to post here and see if there was visual proof that it was counterfeit.

I'm interested in hearing this also. I couldn't feel anything off about the knife, but I've never held a Tenacious before and have minimal experience with knife materials. The weight and scales felt real, and the action was smooth, as well as the blade being razor sharp, so I needed to post here and see if there was visual proof that it was counterfeit.
I first noticed that the Spyderco "bug" logo wasn't right. Then I saw that the gimping wasn't right either.

Back