Spyderco Tomahawk

Ordered a
Spyderco Genzow HatchetHawk Tomahawk

yesterday.

Don't really know why... I kept reading good things about the design and how it was actually a great deal for the money... can't really have a Spyderco collection and not have a few of these unusual ones, etc.

We live on 90 acres with 1.24 bazillion trees so I have lots of things to chop with it. I hope I like it, sometimes you just feel like something different.

I would love to have that solid steel beast Spyderco also makes but I couldn't force myself to spend over $300 on it! (The "Warrior Hawk.")

Gregg

Ordered a
Spyderco Genzow HatchetHawk Tomahawk

yesterday.

Don't really know why... I kept reading good things about the design and how it was actually a great deal for the money... can't really have a Spyderco collection and not have a few of these unusual ones, etc.

We live on 90 acres with 1.24 bazillion trees so I have lots of things to chop with it. I hope I like it, sometimes you just feel like something different.

I would love to have that solid steel beast Spyderco also makes but I couldn't force myself to spend over $300 on it! (The "Warrior Hawk.")

Gregg
Go for it. The Ganzow should do well for wood. The Warrior Hawk not so much. Its meant for other tasks, I believe.

Very nice, I've wondered, can you hammer with it?
The Ganzow? It has a hammer poll on it, so Id say yes.

The Warrior Hawk not so much. Its meant for other tasks, I believe.

Yeah, my Army days are 25 years behind me now. To me, the Warrior Hawk looks like the perfect tool for The Walking Dead. So if your future involves preparing for zombies, can't do much better!

That said... hey, it's cool. I saw the video from BladeHQ where they used several of them to totally destroy a car. There is something "attractive" about a tool that is "cool looking" but also virtually indestructible while it destroys everything it touches. If money was water, I would own one just to put it on the wall. But >$300 is just too much for me right now for something to just look at and show friends.

Reactions: FSA
Yeah, my Army days are 25 years behind me now. To me, the Warrior Hawk looks like the perfect tool for The Walking Dead. So if your future involves preparing for zombies, can't do much better!

That said... hey, it's cool. I saw the video from BladeHQ where they used several of them to totally destroy a car. There is something "attractive" about a tool that is "cool looking" but also virtually indestructible while it destroys everything it touches. If money was water, I would own one just to put it on the wall. But >$300 is just too much for me right now for something to just look at and show friends.
Ohh, its plenty cool alright. As is the Szabo. Id very much like one. I just dont have the need.
....not that this has kept me from buying more knives, than I can ever use.

I have the Genzow HatchetHawk, I think it is one of the best Spyderco cutting tools out there. I can S cut paper with it, I can shave hair with it. I have said this on other post, yes it would be a great self defense tool as well. The total package is very nice. I plan on picking up another one in the future.

My wife was looking for a small hatchet and came across the Warrior Hawk. Not the most practical thing (I haven't tried it on a Zombie yet) but it sure does look good.

I think you made a good choice with the Ganzow.

uu69ID7.jpg

I’ve been seriously contemplating a Genzow HatchetHawk for a couple of weeks now. I’m a bit envious you pulled the trigger.

I like mine, it goes to the cabin with us. Getting some battle scars from use and throwing.

I like mine, it goes to the cabin with us. Getting some battle scars from use and throwing.

How is your handle holding up after throwing it? I like the handle on the Genzow, I think it would be better for long term abuse over a wood handle.

How is your handle holding up after throwing it? I like the handle on the Genzow, I think it would be better for long term abuse over a wood handle.
It's marked up on the butt a little from throwing (not too good at it yet), everywhere else just a few very slight visual marks, nothing I can feel.
Nothing bent that I can tell and head still on solid.

Those Spyderco tomahawks/axes are very appealing to me in a very non-PC way.

Thought of buying one or more a couple of times but I've got an ice axe (that I've never used) and a couple of regular axes that I already hardly ever use. So, I'll just have to continue cherishing them from afar. ;)

I am so glad I have one, for me it is better to have and not need than need and not have.

Really looking forward to the Ganzow Hawk and Warrior Hawk. Both look great for their intended purposes.

Back