spyderco warranty clarification

Sal
The printed matter is your published warranty that came with the box, and how will the customer hear your word? Does every customer come to these forums to find out that disassembly voids the warranty period? Most customers will only read the warranty on the box which is quite clear that DAMAGE DUE TO DISASSEMBLY VOIDS THE WARRANTY.
The warrantee has been evolving for many years. Wording changes between boxes, website and PIGs (Product info guides). Not necessarily all at once. The bottom line is our word, not some printed matter. I've seen very clear and very well written warrantees that were quite deceptive.

The warrantee is intentionally gray because we don't want to argue with anyone regarding what we choose to do. The past 10 pages support my view. ;)

sal

Wow, just wow...

Maybe pick another company whose warranty is clear to you...

Sal is just classy. Some manufacturers would have told you to e** off by now...

I wonder if you were that nitpicky about the instructions in the army...

Anyone care to answer his question?
How does a written published warranty that's on a product not matter? Its the only warranty info most customers will see...
In actuality, the only warranty that matters is the one that comes with the product. If it doesn't specifically say that disassembly voids the warranty, then it doesn't, despite any comments to the contrary on the internet by even the owner, or comments made on the phone by staff. The binding document is that which comes with the product- how can any buyer be aware of anything else that doesn't come with the product?

The warranty is clear, the info they choose to disseminate on these forums is different from there published warranty read post one thanks
Wow, just wow...

Maybe pick another company whose warranty is clear to you...

Sal is just classy. Some manufacturers would have told you to e** off by now...

I wonder if you were that nitpicky about the instructions in the army...

Anyone care to answer his question?
How does a written published warranty that's on a product not matter? Its the only warranty info most customers will see...

Because as you have been told here in this thread multiple times, Spyderco has discretion that they exercise. Although nobody can please everybody, there's not a lot of people who are unsatisfied with their customer service. If you still can't accept that, then maybe you should check it off as one more of life's unanswerable mysteries along with the equations of M theory.

His responses shows his positions and why clearly... What's left is the discrepancy that not everyone will learn about it through the forums. If it IS added in the material, but continue to fix knives that have been opened that weren't damaged because of it... Yes it would be to the customers' benefit. He must have his reasons why or they would have done it already. We can continue to press him for answers but it will never be good enough. Unless your goal is reached, this will not end in an agreeable conclusion for you.

Has discretion that they exercise.. ok thanks
Because as you have been told here in this thread multiple times, Spyderco has discretion that they exercise. Although nobody can please everybody, there's not a lot of people who are unsatisfied with their customer service. If you still can't accept that, then maybe you should check it off as one more of life's unanswerable mysteries.

Could you answer how will a customer know something that is not written in the warranty?
His responses shows his positions and why clearly... What's left is the discrepancy that not everyone will learn about it through the forums. If it IS added in the material, but continue to fix knives that have been opened that weren't damaged because of it... Yes it would be to the customers' benefit. He must have his reasons why or they would have done it already. We can continue to press him for answers but it will never be good enough. Unless the goal is reached, this will not end in an agreeable conclusion.

Sell the knives and move on.

It's not about that. He wants to win. He was already unequivocally proven wrong on this thread after boasting that he had the correct information and will rub it in when Spyderco answers back. Now that he came back, and he doesn't have his moment in the sun, he will press on with this crusade.

When's the million man march protest at Spyderco HQ? :p

Hey Army, I get what you're saying. If their written warranty said all disassembly voids warranty, but sometimes they will fix a problem anyway, at their discretion, that would be cool. But that's not what it says. You are right. You win. Now what?

Proven wrong? The warranty has been what has backed me since post one the wording is clear and its there legally binding published warranty. If I don't recall your in the boat of people who thought the act of disassembly voids the warranty right? Well there published warranty at spyderco .com says different read it, remember reading is fundamental lol.
While petty, it's good that you're catching on. No need to thank me, it's my pleasure.

It's not about that. He wants to win. He was already unequivocally proven wrong on this thread after boasting that he had the correct information and will rub it in when Spyderco answers back. Now that he came back, and he doesn't have his moment in the sun, he will press on with this crusade.

When's the million man march protest at Spyderco HQ? :p

Yup. ;)

Proven wrong? The warranty has been what has backed me since post one the wording is clear and its there legally binding published warranty. If I don't recall your in the boat of people who thought the act of disassembly voids the warranty right? Well there published warranty at spyderco .com says different read it, remember reading is fundamental lol.

Nice twist. I suppose it's a matter of perspectives and what you want to believe. :rolleyes:

Hey r8shell
I just wanted to clean my knife without worrying id void my warranty, to be told by spyderco i "technically" voided my warranty even though there published warranty says otherwise doesnt sit right with me. To be told it will take a lawsuit for spyderco to make sure there customers have an accurate warranty didn't sit right with me either.
Hey Army, I get what you're saying. If their written warranty said all disassembly voids warranty, but sometimes they will fix a problem anyway, at their discretion, that would be cool. But that's not what it says. You are right. You win. Now what?

Hmmm... From Spyderco's warranty on its website:

Spyderco’s warranty does not cover damage caused by abuse, misuse, loss, improper handling, alterations, accident, neglect, disassembly, or improper sharpening.

Notice the words I will capitalize please. Now if you take a knife apart and put it back together with zero damage where does it say the warranty is voided??.
Hmmm... From Spyderco's warranty on its website:

Spyderco’s warranty does not cover DAMAGE CAUSED BY abuse, misuse, loss, improper handling, alterations, accident, neglect, disassembly, or improper sharpening.

Back