spyderco warranty clarification

Sell the knives and move on.

:thumbup:

Some guys go to the tavern to hang out, have a beer and some chat, enjoy the fellowship.

Some guys go to get drunk, insult people, pick fights and throw the furniture around.

Wait a minute. usarmy74d, have you had a warranty claim issue refused by spyderco on one of your knives?

If not, what is the issue?

Right, but you are going over and over again. You don't have a knife that is broken and Spyderco didn't take care of you. You know that Charlynn will take care of it if a problem arises so WHAT are you arguing about? You are being petty.

That's what R8shell is saying.

And if a knife has zero damage before and after disassembly what was repaired? Cleaning and repair are not the same.

Impossible. It doesn't matter how careful you are. READ: Every time you remove or replace a screw you are causing microscopic damage.

The official written warranty will be void if you remove the screws because you ARE causing damage by disassembly.

Of course, this only matters if you want to be overly technical just for the sake of being a pain in the ass, and few people would want to do that...

There are a few logical thinkers who have seen my point and if you can't then reread from post one I've covered everything several times.

I have a suggestion for you that will really resolve the issue. Sue Spyderco. You'll feel so much better.

They have been fixing knives for thirty years and they have microscopes. They know if a knife has been opened.

Did you read the words DAMAGED CAUSED BY? Soooo.. what about disassembly and reassembly with out damage???

I guess the part that you are not understanding is that I decide if damages has been done, not you. That is ALWAYS my choice, regardless of
how you might interpret the warantee.

I'm done, have fun. Sue me if you wish. Bring your lunch.

sal

Why would you need to take it apart to clean it? I have currently or in the past had both knives in question. Warm soapy water, maybe a toothbrush, Problem solved.

Nice posts, Mr. Glesser, all of them. Way to stay classy and patient. I doubt I would have been as mild as you with this guy coming in and mucking up my house. Way to go. And at this point, it doesn't seem the OP is very interested in any perspective other than his own, but I'll throw this in anyway. When I read that part of the warranty, "Spyderco’s warranty does not cover DAMAGE caused by abuse, misuse, loss, improper handling, alterations, accident, neglect, disassembly, or improper sharpening," there is clearly a pause after the first comma, separating the DAMAGE part from the rest. As in how would a warranty cover DAMAGE due to LOSS? Separate thoughts to me, but either way, the bottom line is YOU get to decide, and that is the way it should be.

This thread is missing pics.:D Here is a Military that I have had for close to 20 years. It may not be very obvious from the pics, but it has been used pretty hard. Guess how many times I've had to disassemble it to clean it??? Not once. Amazing. Somehow it hasn't self-destructed and turned into a piece of crap yet:confused: :rolleyes:

104_0007_zpsf4ef0531.jpg

104_0005_zps896c2a21.jpg

Thanks for a great knife.

Sam :thumbup:

I think everyone tried to explain things to him. Some folks only hear what they want to hear and ignore everything else. Great picture Sam. :thumbup:

And let me add this: Not long after receiving the knife, I stupidly abused it, causing some minor damage. In the letter I wrote to Spyderco when I sent it in for repair, (back before e-mail, lol) I even told them what I did. I fully expected to pay for whatever they did. Guess what? They sent me a brand new knife and a thank you for buying their product. I wouldn't expect that, but I hope the OP can see how it's better to have restrictive language for legal reasons, but that good things can happen when you find yourself in the hands of a good man and his company.

You know I never really read the whole thread, but did anyone else catch just how smart, wise and pragmatic Sal is? Seriously the guy just oozes class.

It is like in two sentences he gently slaps a doucge bag and then says to the rest of us, "See now you know why my knives are so cool."

I will be at the SFO on Saturday to put capital into Spyderco and profits into Sal & family's pockets.

Cameron

I think everyone tried to explain things to him. Some folks only hear what they want to hear and ignore everything else. Great picture Sam. :thumbup:

Thanks, Rev. I loved it and the Spyderhole so much, I got this one not long after. I absolutely LOVE this knife, and it ranks up there with my Sebenza for enjoyment of use. In fact, it is in my pocket right now.

20140409_202602_zps55494fdf.jpg

Army, do you have nothing else better to do than to comment on the warranty? Like actually enjoy the product? I've bought knives without warranties before and still enjoyed them. Maybe you should give that a shot or buy from a different company as others have suggested like a Chris Reeve where you can disassemble them to your hearts content.

Members on this thread has given you case after case of excellent Spyderco warranty service contrary to your fears and doubts. Sal himself has replied to this thread. What more do you want? I initially gave you a benefit of a doubt, but you're definitely a troll.

Thanks, Rev. I loved it and the Spyderhole so much, I got this one not long after. I absolutely LOVE this knife, and it ranks up there with my Sebenza for enjoyment of use. In fact, it is in my pocket right now.

20140409_202602_zps55494fdf.jpg

Oh, no you didn't...that one is a grail of sorts. One of the all time best collaborations ever. I received one a while back and it is one of my favorite knives hands down, of all time. Good to see some one else that likes it as much as I do. When the sprint came out, I was super happy to be able to get brand new one.

Oh, no you didn't...that one is a grail of sorts. One of the all time best collaborations ever. I received one a while back and it is one of my favorite knives hands down, of all time. Good to see some one else that likes it as much as I do. When the sprint came out, I was super happy to be able to get brand new one.

I couldn't agree more. One of my favorites of all time. And another, equally as good in its' own way. Feast your eyes!!!

20140409_205000_zps0d35ac4a.jpg

Sam

Back