Review Spyderco Waterway

Will one of those float the Waterway?

And do you have a link to the product? I really tried finding something like that a while a go, but didn't find any good ones...
Do a search for "Nordic Flash Waterproof Camera Float". They and other options will come up. Looks like a good product.

Reactions: 353
Do a search for "Nordic Flash Waterproof Camera Float". They and other options will come up. Looks like a good product.

Thanks, for some reason I was stuck at serching for "key floaters".

Never crossed my mind they of cource have made floaters for cameras and phones.. :rolleyes:

Thanks, for some reason I was stuck at serching for "key floaters".

Never crossed my mind they of cource have made floaters for cameras and phones.. :rolleyes:
You're Welcome. I just ordered a few.

The attachment is kind of “Mickey mouse” strength level but it’s plenty to support a knife, phone or camera and it’s nice being able to quickly detach the float. Like I said, it has saved both my phone and my knife on separate occasions.

Update: I like the handle in the back and not going to mess with it. It gives you leverage when you hold the knife a bit more back on the handle and if you flip the knife so you have the edge on top (still normal grip no reverse) it makes alot of sense why it is there. Thanks Surfingringo Surfingringo

Update: I like the handle in the back and not going to mess with it. It gives you leverage when you hold the knife a bit more back on the handle and if you flip the knife so you have the edge on top (still normal grip no reverse) it makes alot of sense why it is there. Thanks Surfingringo Surfingringo

Right on Sergeua, glad you’re enjoying the Siren. I knew when I designed the Siren that not everyone would “get it” at first glance. Sometimes the hand knows better than the eye.

Edit: Lol, I got confused about which model we were discussing but the above statement applies as much to the Waterway as it does to the Siren.

Right on Sergeua, glad you’re enjoying the Siren. I knew when I designed the Siren that not everyone would “get it” at first glance. Sometimes the hand knows better than the eye.

Edit: Lol, I got confused about which model we were discussing but the above statement applies as much to the Waterway as it does to the Siren.
I'm liking the siren. When I have more spending room, I'd like to pick one up. Really like the backlock.

Wife has appropriated this delica.

de4rvEi.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to show you guys how I carry the knife and how I set up the G-Clip.

45° and handle down on the right side, I'm a right handed guy as most of you.

This is the smoothest way of carry I've found. Minimizing the contact of clothes and your arms as you are walking, on top of that it works really great when you sit down in your boat or e.g. on a bench.

gJgsBV7h.jpg

Hey 353, that actually looks really functional. I might give that a go. When I designed the Waterway, I had IWB carry in mind. Jumping in and out of the kayak with no belt, I needed to carry in a way where it wouldn’t snag on anything. That’s a lot of the reason that both the design and the sheath are so thin with the smallest possible footprint. I am very comfortable carrying IWB at 1:00 with the tip angled in towards the groin. I have more than one though (obviously :rolleyes::D) and I might try setting one up that way.

Last edited:
Hey 353, that actually looks really functional. I might give that a go. When I designed the Siren, I had IWB carry in mind. Jumping in and out of the kayak with no belt, I needed to carry in a way where it wouldn’t snag on anything. That’s a lot of the reason that both the design and the sheath are so thin with the smallest possible footprint. I am very comfortable carrying IWB at 1:00 with the tip angled in towards the groin. I have more than one though (obviously :rolleyes::D) and I might try setting one up that way.

Thanx! I tried all the different angles and options and found this carry to be the least intrucive regarding the handle hanging up on clothes and bumping into things.

Give it a go!

:cool::thumbsup:

Late to the party, I don't know how I missed this review first time around. Very well written and thorough, and I would have to say that I think everything you said is on point.

Thanks! I'd love to see LC200N in just about everything!

Now that's something I would not cry about! :thumbsup:

Great knife, however I do have a big urge to cut off the lanyard hole. Id move the hole in more if I needed one, but just want to rock it without lanyard as it's plenty grippy. I do like lanyards, but want to keep this one clean and I'm not on the boat. The handle would fit the palm better and look more pleasing to me aesthetically.

I had the same urge and gave in! I also increased to full cutting edge length, reground to near zero, modded to drop/spear point, and added a thicker handle, of black canvas Micarta with yellow G10 liners. I was happy with it before, and now that it is personalized, I am even more so.

IMG_8589.JPG
IMG_8590.JPG
IMG_8593.JPG

Last edited:
Back