Spyderco's Taichung (Taiwan) Folders

I love my Sage 1, it's a keeper. It brought the Taiwan quality to my attention. Now I have a Chaparral and a Chokwe which is now my main EDC. My two favorite Spydercos are discontinued (Chokwe and Caly 3.5).

Updated post #1 with more Upcoming Taichung folders:

1. Dog Tag Folder CF/G-10
  2. Gayle Bradley 2
  3. Ion
  4. Mamba
  5. Myrtle
  6. Nirvana
  7. Squarehead
  8. Stick
  9. Vrango

I wonder how many different knives Taichung can simultaneously manufacture at once?
Seems they have quite a large capacity, and that's only based on my knowledge of Spydercos produced there...

Thanks for this list! My Sage 4 puts a lot of custom knives to shame in terms of Fit and Finish and overall quality. It seems that every knife coming out of the Taichung factory is incredible and perfect.

All of my favorite Spydies are from Taichung. Things are made in China. Things of quality are made in the US. Things of the utmost quality seem to be made in Taiwan.

I have to agree though I would say the price that the Taichung blades go for are a ridiculous value. Thats why they're my favorite.

didn't realize until reading through the list that there are even more yet-to-come knives from Spyderco ... but after looking through the internet chatter on the various coming soon knives on your list, I'm definitely going to keeping out a lookout for the Ion! would love to have a mini-Southard.

+1 on Taichung
The fit and finish on all my Taichung knives is outstanding

Thanks for maintaining this list. I agree with everyone else. The Taichung Spydercos are some of the very best made folders on the market, including mid tech and custom.

Spyderco "stick"? Did I miss something? Is that the sprig renamed or something? And on a completely different topic, I find the design of the myrtle to be very interesting.

Spyderco "stick"? Did I miss something? Is that the sprig renamed or something?

The name changes were: Ion became Positron and Endeavor became Proficient.

5abf9abd-ddfe-44d3-82ec-0561ccb056d6_zpsgs7jpc04.jpg

ahhh the tighe stick..I see now. I knew about that one. Silly me. I would consider getting one if it were tip up.

Nice... the Tighe Stick is in S90V, as is the Nirvana (last I heard, anyway). Thanks for the list and the updates. I didn't realize the Taichung factory handled so many designs.

Other Spyderco Taiwan folders not made by the Taichung plant:

I guess that means Spyderco has a second factory in Taiwan, or a factory contracted to produce a few specific designs... (?)

Last edited:
much needed info and booked marked thank you, i only have the sage 1 but probably not my last taiwan spyderco ! the fit/finish are real quality.

Taichung rocks! I have yet to come across any Taichung Spyderco with manufacturing defects, blades are always dead center, fit n finish is always flawless. I have southard, techno S30V (thanks to this forum), PPT sprint, gayle Bradley, domino, dice, chaparral and volattan, and a couple others. Every single one I picked up from local store the 1st knife that was shown to me, perfect! I didn't have to choose from 6 and pick the best one like I do with Benchmade and ZT.

Last edited:
I forgot to add, the very next one I get will be the Gayle Bradley 2. I haven't been this excited for a new knife in a long long time. It looks like the perfect blade.

I forgot to add, the very next one I get will be the Gayle Bradley 2. I haven't been this excited for a new knife in a long long time. It looks like the perfect blade.

+1
my local dealer just informed me today he is getting a substantial shipment from Spyderco next Wednesday, keeping my fingers crossed...
What would be awesome is they produce a minime version of the Gayle Bradley like they did with Domino and Dice in 3" blade version.

I am a fan of Tai Chung Spydercos. And I'm especially excited about the Nirvana and Tighe Stick. Still waiting to hear release dates.

Back