Spyderco's Taichung (Taiwan) Folders

Might be missing the Schempff Bowie under Taichung. The Chowke might not be a Taichung knife?

Might be missing the Schempff Bowie under Taichung. The Chowke might not be a Taichung knife?

Schempp Bowie was in the list.

Chokwe was made in Taiwan and I'm pretty sure it was in the Taichung factory. The blade just says Taiwan because in the early days you could not differentiate between the two Taiwan factories.

Interesting list.

I currently own 13 of them, which represents about 25% of my Spydie collection, and there are at least 5 more on the list that I still want to buy

The Amalgram is one of them and has already been released and is no longer "upcoming."

Last edited:
I was initially confused by #77 Stick. You must mean Tighe Stick.

The Smock #70 has just been released.

I ordered 1 directly from Spyderco yesterday and received notice that it was shipped today. Based on the list, it will be the 22nd Taiwan made Spyderco in my collection.

Last edited:
Stick or Tighe Stick. I try to leave out the designer name.

Don't see why not. It's not like your promoting an non-supporting dealer. Lots of designer names on the list. Makes it confusing to just call it the "Stick."

Reactions: AF
Don't see why not. It's not like your promoting an non-supporting dealer. Lots of designer names on the list. Makes it confusing to just call it the "Stick."

The designer name is included if that’s all there is or designer has multiple designs. For instance, Southard or Gayle Bradley.

Moot point since the Stick or Tighe Stick is discontinued. However, I went ahead and changed it to Tighe Stick.

Thanks for the list, I've been collecting many years and just got my 1rst Taichung Spyderco a Kapara about 2 wks ago. Beautiful fit and finish and great edc. I've been waiting for my Smock for to long but I'm sure it will be worth the wait glad to have just read they have finally been released.

Thanks for the list, I've been collecting many years and just got my 1rst Taichung Spyderco a Kapara about 2 wks ago. Beautiful fit and finish and great edc. I've been waiting for my Smock for to long but I'm sure it will be worth the wait glad to have just read they have finally been released.

The major dealers still don't show them in stock yet but it's already available from Spyderco. So, it shouldn't be too long before you see yours if you pre-ordered one.

Last edited:
Back