*SpyderNation - Open talk and hangout corner *

Hey peeps! How is everyone? Haven't checked in for a while...what's new with everyone?

I'm great! I got a benchmade mini onslaught a couple weeks ago, and now I have a zero tolerance 0700 on the way from kershawguy!!! I'm Contemplating a Gayle Bradley to....

It's a cool feeling to see "spydernation" in people's sig lines...

How have you been?

-niner

From personal experiance? No. but I will speculate:D From what I've heard of Emerson's the F&F can vary from knife to knife and from my experience with spyderco I know the F&F will be top notch.

steel wise Emerson's tend to favor 154-CM vs spyderco's S30V can't speak for Emerson's 154-CM specifically (I own a mini onslaught and a ZT 0200 each is in 154-CM) and in my experience spyderco's S30V tends to hold up a bit better when it comes to edge retention, but 154-CM is easier to sharpen/rolls instead is chipping...S30v is a little harder to sharpen (feels a little harder than 154-CM to me) though.

Spyder hole vs thumb stud/wave, is more of a preference thing.

I think those are the main differences that I know about (different locks but never had time to mess around with a compression lock so can't really compare) I think it comes down to preference, I would personally go for a para because Emerson's don't really appeal to me (with the exception of the spear point CQC-7 which is plain sexy:D) and because I prefer S30V to 154-CM.....remember this is speculation on the emerson side of things.

-niner

I'm excited for Bladeshow. Sticktodrum and myself will be there filming and just hanging out. Hope to see some of you guys there

I don't have an Emerson, but I have a PM2. The F&F is outstanding on it. And TBH the compression lock isn't my favorite. I just got it, so I can't tell you much on how the steel performs, but I imagine it will perform outstanding.

I'm going to try and make it to bladeshow. But I don't know.

I'm excited for Bladeshow. Sticktodrum and myself will be there filming and just hanging out. Hope to see some of you guys there

How many days will you be there? I'm going to be there for the first two days! And I hope to see ya at blade Mark!

How many days will you be there? I'm going to be there for the first two days! And I hope to see ya at blade Mark!

Well my family is going on a cruise without me, so I may be able to use that as ammunition :p
I'll probably be there the last 2 days. Go to school that Friday, and leave a little later, and stay the next 2 days. Because I'm out of school the Monday after that Sunday.

We're going to be there the entire show. We arrive in Atlanta May 29th and head back to NYC June 4th. All reservations were made a month ago and we are driving down so that'll be fun. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and hopefully you guys can appear in some of our videos, as we want to spotlight some bladeforum members.

We're going to be there the entire show. We arrive in Atlanta May 29th and head back to NYC June 4th. All reservations were made a month ago and we are driving down so that'll be fun. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and hopefully you guys can appear in some of our videos, as we want to spotlight some bladeforum members.

Sorry, I would be in your video, but I hate cameras. So, yea....

I might be at blade for all 3 day its like 10 min from my house and I know a maker who can get me in for cheaper. but I don't know if i'm going to be there. what is usually at the blade show? because I have like no money to spend on knives right now :(
Hey metsfan do you have a youtube Chanel?

anyway here is the knife cozy I was talking about. I attached a lanyard and am wearing it around my neck right now. it is adjust able so I can use with multiple Knives.

I might be at blade for all 3 day its like 10 min from my house and I know a maker who can get me in for cheaper. but I don't know if i'm going to be there. what is usually at the blade show? because I have like no money to spend on knives right now :(
Hey metsfan do you have a youtube Chanel?

The channel is sticktodrum. Mario (sticktodrum here on bf) and myself film sketches, review paintball gear, knives and other gear that interests us. Its mostly paintball stuff, but lately its gone towards knives although lights and multitool reviews are in the works.

Back