*SpyderNation - Open talk and hangout corner *

Mmm we should hold some sort of challenge in this thread to make it liven up a bit :D

Pocket dump:cool:
image_zps4af4ca06.jpg

There should be a pen...

My guess? Cargo pockets:cool:

Haha correct :D but I fit the same stuff in my skinnys :thumbup:

Here's how it breaks down:

- Mini Grip/iPod/earbuds, right front pocket
-Flashlight/keys/cleaning cloth/Oso Sweet, left front pocket
-Wallet/Camillus, back left pocket
-Opinel, back right pocket, food knife rides alone :cool:

Now cargos is a whole other story...

Edit: Ok I lied the phone rides with the Opinel in the back right pocket too :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My system lol...

Front left,
)wallet
)keys/spyderco bug

Front right,
)pen (if I'm wearing a button up shirt this gose in the shirt pocket)
)SAK
)clipped native

And the beaded chain around my wrist:cool:

20130510_102143.jpg

Not a true pocket dump since not everything goes in the pockets. Plus, my Galaxy S3 is taking the picture. EDC knife of the day gets clipped in my right front pocket with the keys riding in the bottom, wallet, work badge and pen go in right rear pocket, Galaxy S3 in the left front pocket and a gun on my hip either IWB in a Shielded Holster or OWB in a DeSantis gun hide. Oh, and a can of Copenhagen Long Cut in the left rear pocket and a G Shock DW5600MS on my right wrist.

My reason for wanting a Spyderco Jot Singh Khalsa sprint run....

I am an American of Sikh faith. We are the guys in America who wear turbans and beards and kinda of look like taliban.... but we are far from it!!! We are an Indian relgion which believes in peace until our beliefs are threatened.. "like change your religion our ill kill u" threaten. This is basically what the jihadists said during the 14-17th centuries in asia. These jihadists were the Moghul Empire. And basically basically the history of Sikhs entails the defeat of the Moghul Empire. These dudes were basically the direct descendants of Genghis Khan. They pretty much ruled south Asia and carried out a jihad which lasted centures. Finally in the 17th century they were defeated by the Sikhs of India. A part of my people's history which I am very proud of. We put a beat down on the great great granddaddies of the modern day taliban!!!!!

So all true Sikhs are supposed to carry a Kirpan, our relgious knife, to represent the protection of our beliefs. This knife is a modern day folder version of one, we'll kind of. And i gotta have one...

I'm new hear so I hope this post doesnt break any rules on topics... I was going to post a link to a historical article but i dont know if thats allowed and thats probably too much info anyways...

Well, thats why i want it... I know its not the prettiest knife in the world but hopefully it will be my first Spyderco! Perfect for me!

I am an American of Sikh faith. We are the guys in America who wear turbans and beards and kinda of look like taliban.... but we are far from it!!! We are an Indian relgion which believes in peace until our beliefs are threatened.. "like change your religion our ill kill u" threaten. This is basically what the jihadists said during the 14-17th centuries in asia. These jihadists were the Moghul Empire. And basically basically the history of Sikhs entails the defeat of the Moghul Empire. These dudes were basically the direct descendants of Genghis Khan. They pretty much ruled south Asia and carried out a jihad which lasted centures. Finally in the 17th century they were defeated by the Sikhs of India. A part of my people's history which I am very proud of. We put a beat down on the great great granddaddies of the modern day taliban!!!!!

So all true Sikhs are supposed to carry a Kirpan, our relgious knife, to represent the protection of our beliefs. This knife is a modern day folder version of one, we'll kind of. And i gotta have one...

I'm new hear so I hope this post doesnt break any rules on topics... I was going to post a link to a historical article but i dont know if thats allowed and thats probably too much info anyways...

Well, thats why i want it... I know its not the prettiest knife in the world but hopefully it will be my first Spyderco! Perfect for me!

That's very interesting! I actually don't think it's ugly, aslo it's fine to post links (I would be interested) and this is a off topic area any way so post away!

Welcome to blade forums by the way!

-niner

Haha really interesting actually! Thanks for the post :D

[video=youtube;eYgMdbgscGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eYgMdbgscGc#t=6s[/video]

Thats the knife! You Sypderco guys are great!!!
My question now is, will the sprint runs be hard to get? I know they are a bit more expensive but obtaining one is my issue. I heard somewhere they will be making 1200 of them.. not sure....

Niner, our religion also has a thing with steel. we all wear a steel bangle to represent who we are (primiative wrist gaurd for battle like the turban is a primative helmet to protect against swords) and even our meditation beads are made of steel, just like the beaded chain in your pocket dump post... I thought it was a interesting coincidence that you had the same thing, I'm sure for a different purpose....

A pleasure to meet you all....

Thats the knife! You Sypderco guys are great!!!
My question now is, will the sprint runs be hard to get? I know they are a bit more expensive but obtaining one is my issue. I heard somewhere they will be making 1200 of them.. not sure....

Niner, our religion also has a thing with steel. we all wear a steel bangle to represent who we are (primiative wrist gaurd for battle like the turban is a primative helmet to protect against swords) and even our meditation beads are made of steel, just like the beaded chain in your pocket dump post... I thought it was a interesting coincidence that you had the same thing, I'm sure for a different purpose....

A pleasure to meet you all....

I don't think thelly be hard two find, just find a couple dealers that have them and set up a email notification.

About the bracelet, it's actualy chrome plated brass :)() a friend gave it to me quite a few years ago, so it has quite a it of sentimental value (sadly I haven't seen that friend in a few years). the fact your religions items of dress are made of iron is quite interesting to me, the other religions items (such as crosses and rosary beads) where usually made of gold, silver, bronze, ect. And I think it's great, the purpose of these items are to show your faith, the meaning is much more important than the materal.

The pleasure is mine!

-niner

Well, everything except for our more sacred temple which is made of gold... Check it out, just search "the Golden Temple."

I will set up a few of those email notifications for sure.... Hopefully I get my Spyderco!!! Thanks for the information.

Do u think it will look just like the prototype? I like how thin it looks.

Well, everything except for our more sacred temple which is made of gold... Check it out, just search "the Golden Temple."

I will set up a few of those email notifications for sure.... Hopefully I get my Spyderco!!! Thanks for the information.

The temple is beautiful! And yes it should look almost exactly like the prototype, if you look at picture of prototypes and compare them to the actual production model the main differences you'll see is fit and finish (with the production model being slightly more refined) and some other very minor changes.

This forum is really great. I can talk about things that I love and people are actually interested. AMAZING!!! I love it

+1 It is gorgeous! Reminds me a little of the Dome of the Rock, certainly is some history too it, I saw pictures of it from 1894, it looks rebuilt.

Yes the production should look identical, although a bit tighter and flusher everywhere.

The dome at the center is very common for our temples too... and the temple was rebuilt a few times actually. It was destroyed by the Moghuls I think a few times. Once even recently (by the Indian Goverment itself.) But thats getting into politics and i was told to avoid that here....

The temple has four doors or entrances 1 north, 1 east, 1 west, and 1 south.... This is to show that people of all faiths and religions from everywhere are welcome.

Back