*SpyderNation - Open talk and hangout corner *

What do you all l think of this knife?Does anybody have any information about casted 440c steel?[video=youtube;jSIer5vycz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jSIer5vycz8[/video]

Best regards,
salmonkiller

This thread died off. Time for a revive. I received my Domino and thought it was time for a family picture update. I have a Cru Wear Military coming and then not sure after that.

This thread died off. Time for a revive. I received my Domino and thought it was time for a family picture update. I have a Cru Wear Military coming and then not sure after that.

Looks good man I thought I was doing good with 5.

Dang I'm sorry did not mean to steal your post I'm new here how do you get those "Originally Posted by" things on here?

Looks good man I thought I was doing good with 5.

Dang I'm sorry did not mean to steal your post I'm new here how do you get those "Originally Posted by" things on here?

Hit the "Reply With Quote" button right below the post you want to reply to, then go to the bottom of the box that opens and type what you want.

What do you all l think of this knife?Does anybody have any information about casted 440c steel?
Best regards,
salmonkiller

If that is the same prototype I saw at the booth a few years ago I like it a lot. As I recall forged 440. Ergos are great and it just rolls around in your hand. balance near the forefinger and presents the edge in a very usable spot. Don't know about the forged 440 aspect but Sal said it was very tough....... if it's the same proto.

That's the one that interest me.I think it will make a fine utility knife and fit my needs.Does anyone have any insight into casted 440c? I have personally never heard of it.Is this knife still going to be produced?
Thanks,
salmonkiller

I would say yes. The proto I saw was heavy in the hand and looked a bit different. This one shows a good bit of Spyderco development which is expensive. It's an excellent design which would be perfect for utility use. At the time I was thinking how my idea of an ideal blade comes closer to a kitchen knife all the time. If they build it I will buy it.

Hooray! I'm also curious about the cast 440 thing. Sounds scary....... I thought I heard that it was cast and then forged in some way. But that was years ago and I think it was the actual designer's blade. For snobs it seems like a better seller would be one of the new super rusty steels so I'm sure there is a particular reason for doing it this way.

I would like to try out this knife as a kitchen utility.It would pair up nicely next to my Yin and Yang.Please post up here when you see it on pre-order at a bladeforums dealer.
spyderco-serrata-fb32gp.jpg
Spyderco Serrata Stuart Ackerman Fixed Blade Knife (4.65" Satin Plain) FB32GP
Fixed Blade Knife designed by Stuart Ackerman. Casted 440C stainless steel full flat grind blade. Black micarta handle scales.
Specifications:

Overall Length: 9.00"
Blade Length: 4.65"
Cutting Edge: 4.125"
Blade Thickness: 0.205"
Blade Material: 440C
Blade Style: Drop Point
Blade Grind: Full Flat
Blade Finish: Satin
Edge Type: Plain
Handle Length: 4.35"
Handle Thickness: ?"
Handle Material: G-10
Handle Color: Black
Weight: 6.2 oz.
Knife Type: Fixed Blade
Brand: Spyderco
Model: FB32GP
Designer: Stuart Ackerman
Country of Origin: Taiwan

Thanks,
salmonkiller

Last edited:
I really like my Sage 2 and would carry it more if it didn't get so slippery in sweaty hands. Do you guys think adding a back-spacer would be possible?

It's been quite some time since this thread has seen the light of day. What's going on guys, got any new sharps? :D

It's been quite some time since this thread has seen the light of day. What's going on guys, got any new sharps? :D

Hundreds since I joined SN less than a year ago. Maybe I'll make a collage. As soon as I figure out how to make a collage... :eek:

Does anyone have any experience with the Spyderco Schemp Rock with the VG-10 steel? I'm thinking of purchasing one for a camp/hiking blade for most tasks, such as some batoning and fire craft as well as some chopping.. I am worried about the thickness and if it would hold up to some good batoning? Love the design and look and even more so the weight! mostly for day hikes and camping. Plus lately I've just been head over heels for Spyderco..

Any info would be great

I just bought a Spyderco Stretch Super Blue, Ive been wanting to try out both the Stretch and super blue steel for sometime so it was great buy. Think I may run with the super blue steel and try and collect all the models made with this steel.

Back