Spyders That Deserve A Chance Or A Return In SE

Back in the mid to late 90s when I first became a fan of Spyderco at that time you could get almost any of Spyderco's mainline models in Spyderedged ( Spyderco's patented serrated edges). As time has gone by it seems like Spyderco is doing fewer and fewer of these great new models and even fewer Sprint Runs in SE. It really saddens me too because my very first Spyder was an SE model. Their high quality serrated edged models is what drew me to Spyderco to begin with

Some of my all time favorite SE models include the original 2003 era Dodo, The original 2002 era Ayoob in SE, The SE blade on the C-44 Dyad and the JD Smith SE just to name a few. My constant companion SE folder that I've carried for almost 3 years now is the Stainless RESCUE model of the ATS-55 era>> and I still consider it to be one of their very best SE folders.

For a long time now I've wanted to see one of their great Recurve models made in SE>> the ULIZE is one that tops my list for an SE version>> but maybe you all have another specialty model in mind for SE. I'm sure most all of you guys have some Spyderco models you would love to see in SE. I think there are so many older/past models that would make an excellent SE Sprint Run. So which Spyderco folder or even fixed blade models do you all think would be super with a Spyderedge? Or maybe discontinued SE models you would love to see make a comeback?

Good thread mate.
I'm always willing try another SE Spyderco :D
I think a dodo would be cool. I always wanted to try 1.
I often find my rescue as an edc.
Mitch

Curious to see if the upcoming BHQ Dodo will have a serrated option. Up till now they've all been plain edge, first the plain version and then the coated. Except the Lum Tanto, I didn't see a coated version of that.

I 2nd the Ulize! This time upgrade the steel from VG-10 and I would definitely buy it.

BHQ needs to do a DLC M4 Dodo in serrated edge

We also need a new Spyderhawk in LC200N SE

And a Catcherman in LC200N SE

And an FRN Cricket LW in SE

Curious to see if the upcoming BHQ Dodo will have a serrated option. Up till now they've all been plain edge, first the plain version and then the coated. Except the Lum Tanto, I didn't see a coated version of that.
How did I miss an M4 Dodo announcement?? Has anyone seen price yet?

I would like to get a fully serrated Military in S30V (don't need anything fancier).

BHQ needs to do a DLC M4 Dodo in serrated edge

We also need a new Spyderhawk in LC200N SE

And a Catcherman in LC200N SE

And an FRN Cricket LW in SE
Wow!!! this is really encouraging that there are this many of you who want to see the return of the Dodo model in SE:cool:. I do find the Co-Pilot an interesting choice too. I also like the Spyderhawk in LC200N and the Catcherman in LC200N in full SE just makes perfect sense. The results of this thread are so good I'm going over to Spyderco.com to test the water over there. And there are a lot of Dodo fans over there as well. Thanks a lot guys these are some great suggestions so far.

I don't think Spyderco fully realizes how many of us want certain models in SE. Like I've said before I think they need to change their manufacturing regimen>> they should put aside at least 10% of all of their models to do in SE>> I just know in my gut that many would sell in SE in probably every model.

And A recurve like the ULIZE in SE is long overdue IMO.

Another smaller folder I always liked in serrated was the Caly Jr. For no longer than the blade was it sure performed well. I guess you could say that for most all of the full flat grind models. Another full flat grind Spyderedged model I would dearly love to have back in the C-54 big Calypso model>> that was a folder that cut like a chain saw.

My ultimate all time favorite Spyderco SE model was the C-60 Ayoob in SE. It had just enough belly to it which made it really aggressive like few other serrated Spyderco models.

Back