Spyders That Just MUST Return

OK we all know that supply & demand pretty much dictates what a business should sell to maximize their profits and ultimately keep their doors open. No argument there because it's the most elementary principle of any business i.e. Supply & Demand. It goes without saying that many of Spyderco's great past models were deleted from the main line-up at a particular time because of slow sales and waning popularity. But with the plethora of new Spyder-heads and new knife collectors wanting certain past Spyderco models really bad I do believe that the "Great Spyder Factory" should take a close look at swelling demand for certain past models to hopefully return.
First and foremost the Dodo model is probably one of thee most sought after disco'd models out there. And it's been about 15 years since the Spyderedged version was available. Second the grandfather of the Calypso series the C-54 big Calypso model is one that is often spoke of.
Also there are other sentimental favorite models like the C-60 Ayoob ( PE & SE) along with the JD Smith, The SWICK fixed blade model just constantly seem to be sought after. I know that many of you have certain models that you would just love to see return either in the main line up or at the very least in a Sprint Run. So let's talk about past models that you all feel MUST return.

The tricky part for the manufacturer is how much of a demand still exists for a discontinued past model. That just a few of us knife nuts want a model to be back so badly does not mean it would make a financial sense for the manufacturer to bring it back.

On the topic of this thread, I'd like to see a sprint re-run of the anodized fluted titanium Military (s30v steel would be fine but m390/204p/20cv would be even better, and with CQI)

The tricky part for the manufacturer is how much of a demand still exists for a discontinued past model. That just a few of us knife nuts want a model to be back so badly does not mean it would make a financial sense for the manufacturer to bring it back.

On the topic of this thread, I'd like to see a sprint re-run of the anodized fluted titanium Military (s30v steel would be fine but m390/204p/20cv would be even better, and with CQI)
Oh I totally agree with what you just said. But my point is because of all the new Spyderco fans that have jumped on board in the past 4 to 5 years along with many collectors that missed out on a certain model as well as many of us who just couldn't afford a certain model when it was available>> when you combine those 3 market factors I do believe at the very least many of these older/disco'd models could make big Sprint Runs if nothing else.
But take the Dodo model for instance>> that model has become so popular on the secondary markets that I've heard of used units going for over $200 ( and people are paying it). I tried to find an old Spyderedged version and the only offer I got was from a guy here in my area that was also a BF member that wanted $190 for a used one. IF the demand is that brisk ( and it is) then it just makes good sense to run it again IMO.

I was thinking recently that a limited edition run of old favorites in the original packaging would be cool.
Hey that is a good idea. Because I've been encountering more and more collectors who even collect the boxes that they came in from the factory. Yeah especially those older white boxes with the blue or black print on them. I bet the nostalgic appeal alone would make them sell better.

One word comes to mind.. Poliwog! I don’t know why I need one, but I do. It’s such a creative design that actually looks useful. I like smaller knives that don’t feel small, and the Poliwog would fit right in with that.

Bring back the Slyz bowie and make everyone who paid over $300 for one feel like a pud.

tenor.gif

If any manufacture can pull it off, I'd be Spyderco. They are the master of sprint runs/ limited editions!

Well the Dodo is coming, no word if there is a spyderedge version in the release.

I'll throw the Jester in the mix. I'm a fan of the small blades.

Back